Help with laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegas9798

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Hello,
When I try to burn music tracks from my Windows Media Player Library to a CD it shows that each track is being analyzed and then shows that each track is being burned to the CD and shows that the entire CD is being finalized after the last track has completed burning but then it doesn't automatically eject the CD and when I press the button to open the drawer and remove the CD its still BLANK. How can I tell if I need a new burner or if I just have a software glitch?

Solution
Well to see if it is the burner, try using another music burning program like itunes. If that doesn't do the trick, it would appear as if the dvd burner is shot. Or you can try updating the dvd drive driver/firmware from your laptop's manufacturer's support site to see if that helps as well.
Well to see if it is the burner, try using another music burning program like itunes. If that doesn't do the trick, it would appear as if the dvd burner is shot. Or you can try updating the dvd drive driver/firmware from your laptop's manufacturer's support site to see if that helps as well.

Solution

vegas9798

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Thank you Very Much Buwish ! Your suggestion to try another program has made me confident that I do indeed need to replace my burner. Now if you would be so kind as to share your knowledge once more I would really appreciate it.
I checked and learned that my present burner in my Compaq CQ50-142US laptop is a CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device, this is the exact description given in my "Device Manager". I decided to check E-bay and what I found left me rocking back and forth in the corner pulling my few remaining hairs out ! First let me mention that my laptop is supposed to be equipt with LightScribe but there was no obvious notation of this in my "Device Managers" description of my burner. I saw several offerings that sounded close to mine in that they all had the TS-L633 in their description. There was a DVD+RW TS-L633 BEZELESS, a DVD PLUS over Minus RW Drive 485038-001 TS-L633,a DVD RW CD RW Combo Drive SATA TS-L633,and one that really caught my eye was the DVD RW LIGHTSCRIBE Drive TS-L633. So since my description given in my Device manager didn't specifically mention "Light Scribe" but did have the TS-L633 I am just a little bit confused and hesitant about which one I should order since the vendor states that there are no refunds offered if the one ordered ends up not fitting ! Any ideas ? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge !

Status
Not open for further replies.