[SOLVED] Help with liquid pump and rgb fans to Asus prime b360m-a

Sep 5, 2019
Trying to finalize my gaming rig with a corsair h60 cooling pump and thermaltake rgb 3pk on a asus prime b360m-a motherboard. I cconnected h60 fan to CPU fan, and pump to fan chassis 1 pin. My thermaltake fans takes are lit up and plugged to rgb header and fan chassis 2, but are not found on software for it. Help and thoughts please. thank you

Solution
That depends on the detection on the board. As far as I know it is typical for pumps to appear to be running twice as fast as they really are. It is the way the pump motors are wound compared to fans. On older boards this made the RPM values incorrect and some systems couldn't properly detect them. Not clear to me if your pump is actually running at 4400RPM which would be pretty fast in my opinion, or 2200 RPM in reality.

Really once it is up to speed there should be little friction on the pump bearings, so running it constantly at speed is fine. The problem comes in when it shuts down. Typically the water in the pump is the lubricant for the pump bearings. As it is spinning down or up from a reboot or power cycle is when it receives...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You really want the Pump in the CPU header and the fan to a fan header. Unless there is a specific pump header on the board somewhere (Doesn't seem like it). Having the pump running is more important than the fan running, so if the pump stops you want your CPU no RPM warning to go off.

As for the rest of it, I'm not entirely sure. What controls does the software offer? You might just have to play with the settings either there or in the BIOS. I imagine you'll only have the one RGB channel to control, and the two chassis fan ports may not offer control.

Reactions: Ludex
Sep 5, 2019
ou really want the Pump in the CPU header and the fan to a fan header. Unless there is a specific pump header on the board somewhere (Doesn't seem like it). Having the pump running is more important than the fan running, so if the pump stops you want your CPU no RPM warning to go off.
Thank you for the response. I can see my pump is recognized under cpu fan now... it is running at about 4411 rpm though.If this is constant, will this wear out my pump faster? I remember I read about someones concern about that, is that concern true?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That depends on the detection on the board. As far as I know it is typical for pumps to appear to be running twice as fast as they really are. It is the way the pump motors are wound compared to fans. On older boards this made the RPM values incorrect and some systems couldn't properly detect them. Not clear to me if your pump is actually running at 4400RPM which would be pretty fast in my opinion, or 2200 RPM in reality.

Really once it is up to speed there should be little friction on the pump bearings, so running it constantly at speed is fine. The problem comes in when it shuts down. Typically the water in the pump is the lubricant for the pump bearings. As it is spinning down or up from a reboot or power cycle is when it receives the most wear.

Solution