[SOLVED] Help with low fps after cleaning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0xthalesx0

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
So my question is what should I do in this situation:
I have a low-mid end PC. My cpu and ram are good to go, but my gpu is pretty old
I cleaned the motherboard and slots with compressed air and isopropyl alcohol, removed gpu and rams and cleaned everything

Don't know if its the problem or if its a huge coincidence, but since then, the main games I play:
NBA 2k 50ish fps -> 25ish
Rainbow Six Siege 40ish fps -> 15ish
Cyberpunk 2077 15~20 fps -> 1fps/Completely unplayable, wont even load
Didn't see a huge difference in games that didn't take too much of a toll on my pc, like lol, overwatch and rocket league. But I did notice low fps difference between high and low quality graphics

Already reverted nvidia drivers to previous ones, reinstalled them, stress tested it, reseted the whole ssd up with new windows and drivers and stuff. Nothing yet
I know my PC aint that good, but the problem is I was SURE these games were playable at decent fps. Is there any way to revert whatever I did when cleaning or anything else?

My Specs:
Core I5-9400K
Asus TUF Gaming B360m-plus 2280
2x8 HyperX RAM
NVidia GTX 750 1GB ( Yeap, its bad, but I still used it for games without problems until now )
Adata SSD 512GB
Toshiba HD 1TB
Corsair 650W White

Solution
See this thread and post #16 by the OP

Your lanes never dropped but link speed could have been the result of poor contact that reseating so many times may have settled it. Who knows really. Considering software side of things was above board, could only imagine it being physical.

Glad it's sorted.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
See this thread and post #16 by the OP

Your lanes never dropped but link speed could have been the result of poor contact that reseating so many times may have settled it. Who knows really. Considering software side of things was above board, could only imagine it being physical.

Glad it's sorted.

Solution

0xthalesx0

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/cs797V3

This is the GPU-Z right now.

It's on x16... I don't even know, but it looks like its running better than ever...
I really don't understand this GPU, and I think it's time for it to go already... I am too old to start getting free headaches like this one...

ANYWAY
A HUGE THANKS FOR ALL OF YALL WHO TOOK YOUR TIME TO HELP ME.
Even though my answer came from the skies above, its really something when so many replies came to try and solve the problem.
I appreciate you, will talk about this site for everybody and I sure hope all of you have a great day!

Reactions: boju