Question Help with M.2 SSD Install

Apr 22, 2023
Hello. I could use some advice. I have a Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 Motherboard. I just installed a Samsung Evo 970 500GB M.2 SSD. The M.2 Slot on the mg shares slot with SATA3_0 and SATA3_1. First problem i have is My M.2 Is Disk 2 my old SSD Is disk 0 and my HDD is disk 1. Is it possible to change order somehow so my M.2 Would Be Disk 0,my second SSD to be Disk 1 And HDD to be Disk 2. And second problem i have is. When i push power button my PC starts for 2 sec my fans start to run then it stopps and powers up again. No error codes on MB display and evrything works ok,but its not normal to power off and on again by itself.

Харесване

Коментар

Споделяне

Hello. I could use some advice. I have a Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 Motherboard. I just installed a Samsung Evo 970 500GB M.2 SSD. The M.2 Slot on the mg shares slot with SATA3_0 and SATA3_1. First problem i have is My M.2 Is Disk 2 my old SSD Is disk 0 and my HDD is disk 1. Is it possible to change order somehow so my M.2 Would Be Disk 0,my second SSD to be Disk 1 And HDD to be Disk 2. And second problem i have is. When i push power button my PC starts for 2 sec my fans start to run then it stopps and powers up again. No error codes on MB display and evrything works ok,but its not normal to power off and on again by itself.

Харесване

Коментар

Споделяне
That number means nothing, it should BOOT from first disk which is bootable with OS

USAFRet

Titan

Харесване

Коментар

Споделяне
What physical port is your current drive connected to?
If 0 or 1...change it.

Apr 22, 2023
What physical port is your current drive connected to?
If 0 or 1...change it.

M.2 Is connected to M.2 Slot . The other hdds are connected to 2 and 3. Its really annoying that turn on turn of for 2 sec and turn on again. Any ideas?It started after installing m.2