Help with monitor problem.

Hyperblade

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2002
Lately my monitor seems to flick to a black screen every so many minutes although im unsure of the intervals but it happens. This lasts for about a second and then comes back on, its very frustrating when playing games. I have checked my power options under control panel and the monitor doesnt seem to be set for any standby or turn off time. It could have become faulty at this time of its life but Im wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or know of a possible cause, otherwise ill assume its faulty and may have to get it looked at.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hyperblade on 08/11/02 01:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

max_clif

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
I suggest that you move the power code around and see if you get a black screen, do that also for the vga cord going into your monitor.

zigzag

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
I had the same problem with my old monitor. Notice I said "Old". How old is this monitor? Mine was pushing 5 years, which is about how long they are supposed to last. I still have it, as I think it is a voltage regulation problem. Eventaully I'll get it into a repair shop for a better look. But noone on this group at the time was able to diagnose anything, nor could I resolve the issue with differen cords, good dust cleaning, whacking. It ended up getting so bad that I got a new monitor.

-zigzag