[SOLVED] Help with Motherboard Headers

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am finalizing my pc build buy I have a few issues that I may run into and I am trying to avoid. I am planning to buy an ASUS Prime X470-Pro mobo (Link below) but I am not sure it has enough fan/cpu/etc headers for my desired set-up. I am going to have four case fans, a corsair H115i, and the lighting that comes with the NZXT H500i case (link below). Can someone help me figure this out?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/overview/

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h500i-matte-white

Solution
Figure what out? The board comes with:
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x W_PUMP+ connector (1 x 4 -pin)

Seems like enough to run what you want. Plus, you can always double up with two fans on one header using a splitter.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Seems like enough to run what you want. Plus, you can always double up with two fans on one header using a splitter.

Solution

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019

I just want to make sure I'm covering my bases because I know for the cooler it needs fan headers and pump control. I was looking into splitters and will most likely get some and if need be to link intake fans together and exhaust fans together.

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
There are 7 fan headers on that board according to the Manual.
That should be more than enough for any setup.
Even with the AIO cooler and the integrated lighting with the case? By the way I see the graphics card in your profile pic, I just bought the same one for myself, how is it working?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Yes even if you need to use a splitter or two, you will be fine.
Also check to make sure the AIO RGB and Case RGB are the same type (either 3 pin Addressable or 4 pin non-addressable) as the RGB headers on that MB. If they aren't you will need a separate compatible RGB controller.
As for my MSI GTX 1660 TI ARMOR 6G OC, I love it.
It is very fast (IMO) and runs really cool.
I run it with +125 MHz GPU clock and + 1000 MHz Memory clock set in afterburner.
I am getting 85 to 120 fps on current games @1080p / 60 Hz.

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Btw, the fans that come with the case all wire up internally to the fan/LED control panel inside the case. You may not even want to use the MB headers for those. Download the case's manual and familiarize yourself with the procedure for connecting up the fans and their LEDs. It also appears that the case comes with splitters for adding extra fans.

Reactions: DMAN999

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Btw, the fans that come with the case all wire up internally to the fan/LED control panel inside the case. You may not even want to use the MB headers for those. Download the case's manual and familiarize yourself with the procedure for connecting up the fans and their LEDs. It also appears that the case comes with splitters for adding extra fans.
Will do, thank you for your time!

kennytodd

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Yes even if you need to use a splitter or two, you will be fine.
Also check to make sure the AIO RGB and Case RGB are the same type (either 3 pin Addressable or 4 pin non-addressable) as the RGB headers on that MB. If they aren't you will need a separate compatible RGB controller.
As for my MSI GTX 1660 TI ARMOR 6G OC, I love it.
It is very fast (IMO) and runs really cool.
I run it with +125 MHz GPU clock and + 1000 MHz Memory clock set in afterburner.
I am getting 85 to 120 fps on current games @1080p / 60 Hz.
Thank you for the help!