Question Help with motherboard noticing M.2 SSD disk (cannot find it in BIOS or Win10)

Jul 26, 2019
I've registered here because I desperately need some tehnical help.

Yesterday i've bought new Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD drive, which i've put onto my Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H motherboard. Ever since then i've been having trouble with BIOS/Win10 not recognizing M.2 disk/slot.
Drivers are updated, i've tried switching between UEFI/Legacy, unfortunately cannot find CSM settings to try that, tried switching boot priority (SSD not found), tried with disconnecting main SSD with Win10 on it to try and format/install Win10 on M.2 disk (SSD still not found).

Comparing one and two shows that motherboard and M.2 SSD are compatible, even their site suggests this SSD disk.

Any other suggestions? :)

Jul 26, 2019
It does say "Fast Onboard Storage with NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2 (Up to 32 Gb/s), GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces for M.2 SSD devices." on their main site.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

(page 29 of manual)
Windows 8/10 Features: Allows you to select the operating system to be installed. (Default: Other OS)

CSM Support: Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process.
Enabled : Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)
Disabled: Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.

This item is configurable only when Windows 8/10 Features is set to Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10 WHQ

Installation guide for NVMe storage in this thread: