help with motherboard

Oct 13, 2014
About 2 weeks back i purchased new hardware to build a new game pc.

I already made a thread explaining the problem i am having http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3871274/auto-turns.html

I went to multiple pc repair shops and even contacted Microsoft.
nothing could solve my problem.

The last shop i visited told me the problem could be due to a motherboard defect.

My question now is if there is a way to test this?

To make a long story short, the company i bought my products from are likely not going to compensate me in any way.
At this point i'm willing to just buy a new board and take my loss and just never buy there again.

But i would have to know if it's really motherboard related, otherwise i would just lose another 200 euro's...

Can anyone please help me?

The way I would do it in my shop is I would hook your motherboard with my PSU, HHD with Windows, etc. And if the problem persists I would tell you it's motherboard issue. I would not do anything to it because it's on warranty.

I don't see any other way to test unless you eliminate from equation every other part of PC. Ask those repair shops you went to if that is what they did.

Oct 13, 2014

Is there any way of testing this quickly without taking everything apart?
A friend of mine has a pc and would surely be willing to help but i would rather not take both our systems apart because that would take a long time and i don't want to damage his system aswell

press Win+R and run the "shutdown /p" command. Will it stay shut down?

Oct 13, 2014

Tried that, it shuts down but restarts so doesn't work sadly... everything i tried is listed at this thread i posted http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3871274/auto-turns.html

Sorry, but I don't see any easy test except taking everything apart with your friend. You will hook his MB+CPU+MEMORY to your pc and it will show if it's motherboard realted

Oct 13, 2014

I just got some advice from a friend.
He said i could try swapping ram sticks with my friend to see if it's ram related.
and disabling my gpu and running from the on board graphics card.
this way i can shut out these 2 components and the problem would have to be the mobo or psu.

I think i can just plug my dvi into the mobo instead of the gpu and set my bios to onboard graphics right?
Or can i just disable my gpu in device manager?