Question help with multiple disks corrupting

Apr 27, 2019
Purchased a New Seagate 8TB Drive and shortly after copying data over to it, found it no longer recognized by Windows 10 and when I checked in Disk Management, received this popup:

initialize-disk.png

Tried formatting as HFTS, EXFAT, NFTS, trying a different drive bay, full clean format, but drive continued to un-mount itself after a few hours of use.

To re-mount, i had to initialize disk and create a new volume, losing all previous data. So i figured it was a faulty HDD, but now I've purchased a new drive and am experiencing the exact same issue.

What could cause Windows 10 to continually corrupt these drives? Strangely, I have several other previously formatted drives that are all working fine, in the same USB Drive bay where these new drives are corrupting.

Colif

Win 11 Master
are the older drivers of a comparable size to the 2 that have been corrupted?

Have you tested drive? if it comes out fine, is there anyway to put drive inside PC to see if it happens again, as common factor in last 2 drives corrupting right away is the enclosure and this would at least tell you if it is cause or not.

Apr 27, 2019
are the older drivers of a comparable size to the 2 that have been corrupted?

Have you tested drive? if it comes out fine, is there anyway to put drive inside PC to see if it happens again, as common factor in last 2 drives corrupting right away is the enclosure and this would at least tell you if it is cause or not.

The other drives are 2TB, so not as big as 4TB or 8Tb.
Ran the Seatools Utility on the 4TB but didn’t find any issues.
Yeah good idea will try installing these drives in an internal bay to see if they work better there.

Apr 27, 2019
Was the indeed the USB Drive Dock malfunctioning on drives over 2TB in size.
Currently looking for a new drive dock, and noticed the USB 3.1 gen 2 docks are significantly more expensive than USB 3.0
Does anyone know if there is a theoretical advantage to USB 3.1 gen 2 when reading writing to HDD's an SSD's? Can the fastest SSD's surpass transfer speeds of USB 3.0?