Help with my first PC Build

Jaguier

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hey there, Im new to the build community and this is my first attempt into building a PC, for a while now i used mac and was happy with the lack of virus (i tend to fuck up PCs) and stuff like that, but since now i wanna use it for gaming and working on 3d (modeling, rigging, making games), the mac is not gonna cut it anymore, aside from the fact that they are now expensive AF... So here's the build i have been trying to put together.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($289.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1 Gaming Video Card ($294.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1009.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-04 10:42 EDT-0400

So far i have only bought the CPU, and im mainly very unsure of the PSU, that build only uses 282W, but i would like to have a 500W/520W PSU for extra monitor, and maybe some other power intensive stuff, Any reccomendations of a good, durable and budget brand?
Recomendation and thougths about the build are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Solution

EVGA's usually more common in US
like this one...
first of all, monitor usually had their own power source, so don't count em, that PSU can hold out even if u change ur GPU to 1080ti, so don't worry
second, getting 16 GB RAM instead will benefit u more in terms of gaming and productivity performance

Jaguier

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thanks for the advice, someone recommended me that PSU but i havent been able to find it for less than $80-100(aprox), is there any brand or model in particular you recommend that is more common?
As for the RAM i intend on expanding it to 16 but right now im reaching the limit of my budget, also planing to get an SSD later.
And yeah i dont know why i wrote that about the monitor, i feel very dumb now.

EVGA's usually more common in US
like this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sMM323/evga-supernova-g3-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0550

RAM usually comes in pack for compability reason, so u might want to take care when adding more RAM later, at very least, get the same brand and variant.

SSD, personally i recommend that u get one early on, so u can put your windows on it and skip the hassle of relocating your OS later on.

Solution

Jaguier

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Thanks, that PSU is a bit expensive for me so i will look from one of Evgas more budget series lol.
I know its gonna be a hassle to do that, but im already over expending and i have yet to consider the monitor, a desk, a electricity regulator for the pc, keyboard and mouse (those ones will be the cheapest i can find), maybe a second monitor.
So im gonna have to wait a little bit to get the ssd and struggle a little bit lol.
Thanks for the help!

that PSU will pay it's worth ina few year bcz of it's efficiency (it's 80+ gold, so yeah, save a few bucks every month)

Jaguier

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

I dont really know much about PSU, and thought that every one spend the same amount of electricity but if thats the case i will do that then, thanks.
Now comes the time to save for all the other stuff.

good luck with that :) game on mate
if u need a gaming friend, u can add my steam on the low right corner

Jaguier

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Yeah, i will definetly do that, even tho right now only have a few games and dont play on steam often.

TRENDING THREADS