Question Help with My GPU

IDProG

Distinguished
I have a 1070. I'm pretty sure that it's properly connected to my motherboard, because I run my computer with the HDMI plugged on my GPU, and the GPU fans turn on.
In Device Manager, there is only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" in the DIsplay Adapters menu.
In the Asrock UEFI menu, the "Primary Display Adapter" option is present, but is not accessible or interchangeable.
There is no GPU driver, but every time I attempt to install a correct one, it always shows 'This driver is not compatible with this version of Windows", despite it being the supposedly compatible one (My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I downloaded the Windows 10 64-bit driver).
My Windows build is 10240 (maybe that's the problem, but I'll post this question anyway in case after I update it (I'm updating it while I type this), it still cannot detect my GPU)

What do you think is the GPU's problem?

Mar 29, 2019
Please give us a full spec list of what you're working with. ex: what kind of monitor you have, What antivirus do you have? did you attempt to "keep old files" when installing a fresh windows 10 or a full on clean re-install?

Mar 29, 2019
alright, sorry for the delay. try and follow me through the video ultimately looking to change your display to that of your TV which I presume is only 60hz refresh rate, so multiple settings in windows could be placed at above 60hz so look for that in your nvidia control panel (i cover it in the vid) If all else fails feel free to lmk and i'll hook up my tv via HDMI and show you the whole transition process, at least how it works on my end. Video is half way done uploading to Youtube so I can link it stand by

Mar 29, 2019
I use a 4K LG TV as my monitor.
I don't have any antivirus yet.
It's a new computer, so it's a clean install.

If it's a brand new computer that came with windows 10 already downloaded, or came off a thumb drive with a preset patch. Im almost 100% sure there are quite a few updates waiting for you to either restart, or allow them to DL & install depending on UAC settings.

Reactions: IDProG

Bob Bobson

Proper
Apr 19, 2019
I have a 1070. I'm pretty sure that it's properly connected to my motherboard, because I run my computer with the HDMI plugged on my GPU, and the GPU fans turn on.
In Device Manager, there is only "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" in the DIsplay Adapters menu.
In the Asrock UEFI menu, the "Primary Display Adapter" option is present, but is not accessible or interchangeable.
There is no GPU driver, but every time I attempt to install a correct one, it always shows 'This driver is not compatible with this version of Windows", despite it being the supposedly compatible one (My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I downloaded the Windows 10 64-bit driver).
My Windows build is 10240 (maybe that's the problem, but I'll post this question anyway in case after I update it (I'm updating it while I type this), it still cannot detect my GPU)

What do you think is the GPU's problem?

First thing i would try is to use DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html , then wait if windows it self will download correct driver for your gpu. Also do you see your gpu in device manager?