[SOLVED] Help with my RX 580

Sep 1, 2019
Hey guys, well my problem is that i have an rx 580 since 1 and half years or so and i always used it overclocked at a stable frequency of 1440 for the core and 2250 for the memory, using amd's wattman, like a week ago i started testing with msi afterburner to try to gey a higher core clock speed, i realize that i couldn't doesn't matter how many power i gave to the card, so i leave it like always. And two days ago i was playing rainbow six and the pc crashed.

I restarted and tried another game and it always crashes opening any game or using a few windows tabs, i tried another drivers, i set to default the wattmann settings and everything, i realized that it is stuck at 300-300mhz and it uses like most 10w, thats pretty strange i need your help

Solution
GUYS I FOUND THE ERROR, I did a clean install of windows and after that the issue did continue bothering me, so i tested with just 1 stick of ram, 2133,2400,2666, 3000 and nothing.. so i was just going to try using it with just 6 pins instead of 8 like i did in my friend's house and u know what? one cable was broken, THAT WAS IT, ONE OF THE PCIE CABLES WAS BROKEN
Sep 1, 2019
Some stuff, well always but always after crash the amd wattman says something lile "has been a system failure so wattman config has set to default" even if i didn't change anything

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the specs for the rest of the system (make/model of all components)?

Is Windows fully updated?

Have you updated your major drivers recently, particularly video, motherboard chipset, audio, or network?

Have you installed new hardware or applications since this started happening?

What else are you overclocking (memory, CPU)?

Sep 1, 2019
Cpu Ryzen 5 1600, Ram 16gb 3000 mhz Hyperx, Mother asus Rog X370-f

Yeah lastest Windows version, 1903 i believe.

No i didn't update anything recently, well yesterday and today i have been testing with other AMD graphics card drivers, older versions.

I just had the ram at 3000mhz manually on the bios, and had a good and completely stable overclock at 3,8ghz all cores, at 1.2375v for the ryzen 5 1600.

Sep 1, 2019
But anyway i just uninstalled msi afterburner, using amd utility i uninstalled and tried with other drivers, i set my bios to default.. i tested a lot of things

Sep 1, 2019
The gpu isn't like using his default clock speeds, it is stuck at 300mhz core clock and 300 mhz memory, i'll clock down the ram in a second

Sep 1, 2019
Tomorrow i'll go to a friend's house to test my gpu in his computer, If it works the gpu is fine and the problem is in my Windows or something, if it doesn't well.. my rx 580 died idk why
I'll update tomorrow what happened so u could know

Sep 1, 2019
GUYS I FOUND THE ERROR, I did a clean install of windows and after that the issue did continue bothering me, so i tested with just 1 stick of ram, 2133,2400,2666, 3000 and nothing.. so i was just going to try using it with just 6 pins instead of 8 like i did in my friend's house and u know what? one cable was broken, THAT WAS IT, ONE OF THE PCIE CABLES WAS BROKEN

Solution