Help with my SSD changed it from MBR to GPT

Dec 1, 2018
Today I've decided to install new clean windows on my hard drive (ssd) since its the only one I got.
I couldn't choose where I wanted to install it since my SSD was MBR, so I had to convert it to GPT I did some research and found out the trick that if I pressed SHIFT + F10 something would pop up that I could clean my disk & convert it to GPT and afterwords I could install win 10 on there.. Did I do the right choice to change it to GPT?
I followed this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb6tECZP6WE

My point is.. did MBR to GPT effect anything make it slower or faster? Is it still a SSD or?

I feel like my SSD is now slower.. and when I do the windows update it moves also slow.. 1% in like 30 min - 1 hour.

Very sorry for this confusion .. <3

PS. I Use this computer for gaming.

Dec 1, 2018

• Cpu: i7 Skylake 6700K 4.00 (4.20) GHz
• Cpu Cooler: H110i GT
• Gpu: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8 GB
• Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB
• Moba: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro
• Case: NZXT H440 Ultra Silent Black/Red
• Ssd: Samsung Evo 850 1 TB

You didn't need to do a convert of the old MBR partition to GPT. During the Windows 10 install process you can delete all of the old existing partitions on the SSD and the Windows 10 install process will automatically create the 3 partitions that it needs on a GPT disk. It should create a Recovery NTFS partition, an EFI FAT32 partition and an OS NTFS partition.

Dec 1, 2018

Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to install new windows and do the same thing with SHIFT + F10 and convert it to MBR if its possible.

This windows update is killing me.. First time ever that I see it install so slow and its using 100% of my disk I don't know if its normal or not.

Or what do you think I should do?

Dec 1, 2018

I had multiply partitions (3) when I try'd to install new windows but I couldnt click Next to move forward because I got the warning sign that said I needed to change from MBR to GPT so I panicked and changed my hard drive to GPT which I'm on now.

TRENDING THREADS