Help with Nest Thermostat Please

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I haven't done much of anything with the Nest Thermostat since installation and just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. However, this morning before work I did try to set the "schedule" starting at 4pm (before arriving home from work) to our desired temp of 74 degrees... but noticed the Thermostat counting down as I was walking about and about to kick on again even though it wasn't schedule until 4pm... so I may have messed everything up.

I also have no idea what to set, or if I should even use "Eco" mode.

Can someone give me a simple breakdown of what I should set the settings to/schedule etc in order to obviously save energy/money?

Solution
ONE suggestion, it may be the obvious one but where is your nest thermostat taking it's time from - the server? And is it set for your time zone?

as a FYI, i've got a NEST outdoor camera that is going on the market - for a number of reasons, but the biggest one, a friend / client in the security industry that works with a number of gov't agencies commented, when they find a "target" is using a Nest device, they're REAL happy - incredibly easy to hack into..fwiw

grana92

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Did you maybe leave it in manual mode? I don't have experience with this device in particular but generally all forms of timers have a manual mode (you control on/off) and auto mode (on/off is controlled by the schedule)

ONE suggestion, it may be the obvious one but where is your nest thermostat taking it's time from - the server? And is it set for your time zone?

as a FYI, i've got a NEST outdoor camera that is going on the market - for a number of reasons, but the biggest one, a friend / client in the security industry that works with a number of gov't agencies commented, when they find a "target" is using a Nest device, they're REAL happy - incredibly easy to hack into..fwiw

Solution

TRENDING THREADS