[SOLVED] help with new build

VVG007

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
i am trying to build a new gaming system which would also be used for a bit of video editing as well.
my budget is limited to USD 800 to 900. not more than 900.

i intend to salvage the following from my old ring

1. LG HD monitor
  2. corsair carbide 400r
  3. corsair VS 650 PSU

Since i am not updated with the everchanging tech. could someone suggest a new build.
I stay in Bangalore, India. any suggestion on where to get the system assembled also would be of great help.

Appreciate all your help.

Solution
This is the one i have.
VS650
MODEL 75-001837
Yes upgrade it. Even if you are tight on budget. I recommend upgrading it as soon as possible.
If you are unable to afford PSU upgrade without compromising. Then you can hold back on it for now. But you will have to upgrade it as soon as possible like in month or two or let say 3. But a upgrade is must to be safe and protective for other components. If money is a issue then start saving money and buy a decent PSU this time so that no PSU upgrade is required the next time you upgrade. You can save more money and go for high end PSU like RMx series so that there will be no requirement of upgrade the next time. If you save little and get CXM series then you will be needing new...

VVG007

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
sorry for the delay in reply @AngelTech , mainly for gaming. i would say 20 % video editing (adobe premiere pro cc),
This is what i have zeroed in. does this config look ok ?

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
MOBO: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory : G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Primary Storage :Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Secondary storage : my old SATA HDDs
GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card
Cabinet ( already have ) : Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU (Already have ) : Corsair VS 650 W ATX Power Supply

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/3bBLWD

sorry for the delay in reply @AngelTech , mainly for gaming. i would say 20 % video editing (adobe premiere pro cc),
This is what i have zeroed in. does this config look ok ?

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
MOBO: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory : G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Primary Storage :Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Secondary storage : my old SATA HDDs
GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card
Cabinet ( already have ) : Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU (Already have ) : Corsair VS 650 W ATX Power Supply

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/3bBLWD
Alright, if you can afford it I'd really suggest getting a better PSU as that is a very old model and isn't the best quality if you need a budget PSU see if you can find a newer Corsair CX. (if it's green avoid look for the white-labeled one)

VVG007

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
i might be wrong. but i hope there wouldnt be any trouble with the Carbide 400R. i would be assembling next week.
With that said. i was wondering if my choice of GPU is good. i been a Radeon user for a long time.. if there is a better GPU for that price, kindly suggest.

Corsair VS PSU is very good as long as it is supported under warranty. But it is meant for single use case and not to use it for second time in upgrade. I recommend getting new PSU. Get the CXM series 450W PSU. The new VS series is not as good as the old one. Recommend staying away from it.

VVG007

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Corsair VS PSU is very good as long as it is supported under warranty. But it is meant for single use case and not to use it for second time in upgrade. I recommend getting new PSU. Get the CXM series 450W PSU. The new VS series is not as good as the old one. Recommend staying away from it.
Mine is few years old, guess 2 or 3 years old

This is the one i have.
VS650
MODEL 75-001837
Yes upgrade it. Even if you are tight on budget. I recommend upgrading it as soon as possible.
If you are unable to afford PSU upgrade without compromising. Then you can hold back on it for now. But you will have to upgrade it as soon as possible like in month or two or let say 3. But a upgrade is must to be safe and protective for other components. If money is a issue then start saving money and buy a decent PSU this time so that no PSU upgrade is required the next time you upgrade. You can save more money and go for high end PSU like RMx series so that there will be no requirement of upgrade the next time. If you save little and get CXM series then you will be needing new PSU the next time you upgrade. In any case PSU upgrade is required.

Solution

VVG007

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
If you are unable to afford PSU upgrade without compromising. Then you can hold back on it for now. But you will have to upgrade it as soon as possible like in month or two or let say 3. But a upgrade is must to be safe and protective for other components. If money is a issue then start saving money and buy a decent PSU this time so that no PSU upgrade is required the next time you upgrade. You can save more money and go for high end PSU like RMx series so that there will be no requirement of upgrade the next time. If you save little and get CXM series then you will be needing new PSU the next time you upgrade. In any case PSU upgrade is required.

oh, is it that bad ? i ordered the parts thinking this PSU would be ok. which one do you suggest ?
the specs are
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 Series R5 3600 3rd Gen 6 Core
Graphics Card Galax Gaming RTX 2060 Super EX 1-Click-OC 8GB DDR6
Solid State Drive Transcend M.2 PCIe NVMe 256gb SSD
Asrock X570 Steel legend Socket AM4 AMD X570 CS
DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb Kit 8gb 2pcs 3200 mhz
would be using my Corsair Carbide 400R cabinet