Help with new desktop crashing various BSOD codes

PeteZahat

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hi,
I bought a new pre-built custom desktop from a computer store near my house (Canada Computers) a couple of months ago. After using the desktop for a while, I noticed that it would crash at random times and I would get the blue screen of death. Usually the crashes happened when I played Overwatch, or when I had multiple Chrome tabs open while doing CPU intensive work, but after updating the bios it stopped crashing. Now it crashes every time I try to update Fortnite. The computer specifications are as follows:

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core, 32GB DDR4, 256GB M.2 NVME SSD, 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB Graphic, Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Liquid Cooling

The name is: Battlebox Ultimate Genesis 3500 Gaming Tower

The reference codes I got in the BSOD the last couple of times it crashed are as follows:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Last time I took it to the customer support they updated the bios for me, and the time before that they reseated the RAM.
Thanks in advanced, and any help is appreciated.

Solution
-you can provide a current memory dump.
-make sure your motherboard sound driver has been updated from your motherboard vendor.
-make sure you reboot and do a full reinstall of your GPU drivers including the GPU sound driver.
you might want to confirm that your memory subsystem is ok (IE it passes a memtest86 test run)

if you are still getting pool corruption and you have removed the scarlet crush driver you can run cmd.exe then
run the command
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot, if verifier detects a driver accessing outside of its memory area it will call a bugcheck and name the driver in the memory dump.

Note: be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier if you bugcheck during the boot up process...

natx808

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
whats the motherboard model and ram model? if you can't run 24 hours prime 95 stable, make the manufacturer fix it. I used to work for a laptop company. if we had a system with a problem under warranty, we wouldn't let them pick it up until it ran 24 hours with no errors.

PeteZahat

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, the motherboard is an Asus Z270 Mark 2, and their are 4 sticks of "Adata XPG 8gb DDR4 Flame" RAM. The customer support did stress test the ram over a period of 2 days and the computer did not crash when it was with them, however it crashes when I use it regularly at home.

something overwrote a filesystem data structure.
POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA

it could be this driver:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013
(known corruption problems)

or it could be drivers from this software:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

it is hard to tell what corrupted the data. just a number 2 written over the data structure.
normally you would run verifier to find the problem but it will just bugcheck when it hits the
ScpVBus.sys driver. (Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver)
you would have to remove the driver first or exclude it from verifier.exe testing.

the scarlet crush driver uninstall does not actually work, google "how to remove a driver package from the driverstore" to see how to use the PNPUTIL.exe to remove the driver.

symbols in the debugger don't look correct for ntfs.sys windows file system driver. It could be a debugger issue but you might want to run cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

just to make windows confirm your core files have not been modified by malware.

I think it is going to be caused by Samsung Kies.drivers. I would remove it and reboot and see if you can still get a bugcheck.

PeteZahat

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
I ran both the "sfc.exe /scannow", and the "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" with both commands running succesfully with no errors or issues. I could not figure out how to use the pnputil.exe command in cmd, but I did uninstall the ScpVBus driver from the device manager. When I restarted the computer, I was stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop, so I had to system restore to get the computer to work. I then went on to uninstall Samsung Kies from Add or Remove Programs, and all of the associated drivers through the device manager and restarted the computer. The computer did boot this time so I started to stress test it to force a BSOD. I ran the Fortnite installer that used to cause the BSOD, and I started playing Overwatch as well. After maybe 5 minutes, Overwatch crashed with an error saying "Overwatch has crashed in the graphics driver", proceeded with the computer crashing and the BSOD message saying "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". Please let me know the next steps I should take to fix this issue. Thanks.

-you can provide a current memory dump.
-make sure your motherboard sound driver has been updated from your motherboard vendor.
-make sure you reboot and do a full reinstall of your GPU drivers including the GPU sound driver.
you might want to confirm that your memory subsystem is ok (IE it passes a memtest86 test run)

if you are still getting pool corruption and you have removed the scarlet crush driver you can run cmd.exe then
run the command
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot, if verifier detects a driver accessing outside of its memory area it will call a bugcheck and name the driver in the memory dump.

Note: be sure you know how to get into safe mode so you can turn off verifier if you bugcheck during the boot up process.
the command is
verifier.exe /reset

Note: you have to run this command after testing or your machine will run slowly until you do.

Note: you might also change your memory dump type from minidump to kernel memory dump and provide
c:\windows\memory.dmp file as it will contain internal error logs and info on all of the CPU cores and drivers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS