[SOLVED] Help with new gpu!

Jan 28, 2020
So I just installed a MSI Radeon R7 370 into my build and i get no display from it. AMD Adrenalin cannot properly identify the amd graphics hardware. I dont know what to do lol i need help. I've already made sure the hdmi was plugged into the gpu and that the Pci-e power cable was plugged in as well. . So when i plug in the pci-e cable to the card i get not display on both monitors (ones connected to vga, the other is to the gpu) but when i unplug the PCI-E cable i get the monitor connected with vga to the MOBO (assuming that its going back to the Integrated graphics)

Asus M5A78L-M Mobo
AMD FX 6300 6 Core CPU
EVGA 500W PSU

Solution
i didnt have a gpu before so it was just going to the mobo and no i got it used
If your monitor was connected to the motherboard and it was working, before getting the GPU then you do not have a AMD FX 6300 CPU.

so when i do that using amd adrenalin it doesnt recognize the hardware and i get an error 182
Get the WHQL AMD drivers.
You could get that error when the GPU is not compatible with the drivers.
If you installed it properly and it isn't working or not recognized it could be faulty or it could be fake (it could be a different GPU).
So I just installed a MSI Radeon R7 370 into my build and i get no display from it. AMD Adrenalin cannot properly identify the amd graphics hardware. I dont know what to do lol i need help. I've already made sure the hdmi was plugged into the gpu and that the Pci-e power cable was plugged in as well. . So when i plug in the pci-e cable to the card i get not display on both monitors (ones connected to vga, the other is to the gpu) but when i unplug the PCI-E cable i get the monitor connected with vga to the MOBO (assuming that its going back to the Integrated graphics)

Asus M5A78L-M Mobo
AMD FX 6300 6 Core CPU
EVGA 500W PSU
The AMD FX 6300 does not have integrated graphics so you need to connect your display to the GPU.
You won't get any display connecting the monitor to the motherboard.
Did you get that GPU new?

Jan 28, 2020
The AMD FX 6300 does not have integrated graphics so you need to connect your display to the GPU.
You won't get any display connecting the monitor to the motherboard.
Did you get that GPU new?

If your monitor was connected to the motherboard and it was working, before getting the GPU then you do not have a AMD FX 6300 CPU.

so when i do that using amd adrenalin it doesnt recognize the hardware and i get an error 182
If you installed it properly and it isn't working or not recognized it could be faulty or it could be fake (it could be a different GPU).

Solution
Jan 28, 2020

could it be faulty if i still get a beep?

TRENDING THREADS