Sep 25, 2020
So I just built a new PC save for the graphics card, which I put into this one from an old build.

Specs are as follows.

Graphics Card - GTX 1060
MOBO - Z490 Aorus Ultra
Processor - i7-10700k
RAM - 2x16gb Vengeance Pro
Cooler - ML240L V2 RGB Liquid Cooler
Monitor - SyncMaster SA550 (Cheap/Old monitor until I can buy a new one, but it works and I 100% know this)

The issue I'm having is that my PC turns on, but I'm not getting power to my mouse, keyboard, and there's nothing displaying on my monitor.

So I just built this PC two days ago. At first I thought the issue might have been my hard drive/SSD because I moved them from an old build to this one. I figured there would be issues with drivers and windows because I didn't wipe the old drives, so I just went and bought a new 3TB hard drive and a new 240gb SSD.

Well I just installed the new drives and there's still the same issue. Everything turns on but there's still no power going to my monitor, mouse and keyboard. I've taken my graphics card out and moved it into different slots, I've rearranged my ram. All of the RGB works and my RAM lights up.

When I turned my PC on the very first time it did give me an on-screen prompt about the RAM. My mouse, keyboard and monitor all worked when it did this too. It said that I should rearrange the RAM and I did, and restarted. After that it hasn't displayed anything on the monitor since.

I've recreated the RAM incident but it won't let me do anything on that screen other than shut the PC off. When I do fix the RAM, it just goes back to the lack of a display and power to mouse/keyboard.

I'm just stumped about this. I have no idea what the problem is or where to go from here other than taking my motherboard out, sending it back, and having a new one sent my way, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes for the MOBO to be dead considering what happened the first time I turned the PC on connected to the monitor.

Last edited:
So I just built a new PC save for the graphics card, which I put into this one from an old build.

Specs are as follows.

Graphics Card - GTX 1060
MOBO - Z490 Aorus Ultra
Processor - i7-10700k
RAM - 2x16gb Vengeance Pro
Cooler - ML240L V2 RGB Liquid Cooler
Monitor - SyncMaster SA550 (Cheap/Old monitor until I can buy a new one, but it works and I 100% know this)

The issue I'm having is that my PC turns on, but I'm not getting power to my mouse, keyboard, and there's nothing displaying on my monitor.

So I just built this PC two days ago. At first I thought the issue might have been my hard drive/SSD because I moved them from an old build to this one. I figured there would be issues with drivers and windows because I didn't wipe the old drives, so I just went and bought a new 3TB hard drive and a new 240gb SSD.

Well I just installed the new drives and there's still the same issue. Everything turns on but there's still no power going to my monitor, mouse and keyboard. I've taken my graphics card out and moved it into different slots, I've rearranged my ram. All of the RGB works and my RAM lights up.

When I turned my PC on the very first time it did give me an on-screen prompt about the RAM. My mouse, keyboard and monitor all worked when it did this too. It said that I should rearrange the RAM and I did, and restarted. After that it hasn't displayed anything on the monitor since.

I've recreated the RAM incident but it won't let me do anything on that screen other than shut the PC off. When I do fix the RAM, it just goes back to the lack of a display and power to mouse/keyboard.

I'm just stumped about this. I have no idea what the problem is or where to go from here other than taking my motherboard out, sending it back, and having a new one sent my way, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes for the MOBO to be dead considering what happened the first time I turned the PC on connected to the monitor.
What RAM slots are you using? Typically for dual channel you use slots 2 and 4. I have a Gigabyte Z390 motherboard and I use slots 2 and 4. Slot 1 is the slot closest to your CPU. Your manual lists the slots I call 2 and 4 as slots 'A2' and 'B2'.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020
What RAM slots are you using? Typically for dual channel you use slots 2 and 4. I have a Gigabyte Z390 motherboard and I use slots 2 and 4. Slot 1 is the slot closest to your CPU. Your manual lists the slots I call 2 and 4 as slots 'A2' and 'B2'.

The recommended was A1 and B1, but I tried with pretty much every combination including A2 and B2.