Question Help with new PC

mihawkism

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2017
Approximate Purchase Date: earlier than one month if possible

Budget Range:
Around £1100 without monitor

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Are you buying a monitor: Yes but its not including in budget, still i will need some suggestions

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
Amazon.co.uk or any other UK site

Your Monitor Resolution: 1440p

Additional Comments: No RGB if possible , No Tempered Glass on case

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
This system will give you an outstanding 1440p experience when gaming, and is solid bang for the buck. I'll link the full list here for your reference.

The AMD Ryzen 7600 is simply a solid choice for gaming. It's nowhere near top of the line, but it gets the job done, doesn't break the bank, and includes a boxed heatsink.

You can swap the motherboard if there's other features you're seeking, but for 150 pounds the MSI B650 Plus WiFi offers 2.5G ethernet, plenty of IO for external peripherals, and extra PCIe slots for expandability.

There isn't really any other option in terms of bang for buck memory. This Corsair Vengeance kit gives you thirty two gigabytes for running other programs while gaming, it's got extremely tight timings and low latency to maximize Ryzen performance.

Here, you can personalize the storage depending on your needs. I opted to go with a 1TB SSD for your OS installation and programs, with a 2TB hard drive for games. Alternatively, if you are confident you won't need that much storage space, you can forgo the hard drive and swap the SSD for a single 2TB for the same price. For me, personally, I would go with the SSD and hard drive combo for a total of 3TB.

If you're on a tight budget and looking for best rasterized gaming performance for the price, Nvidia just isn't a compelling option, unless you desperately want their proprietary software or game with Ray Tracing. The AMD Radeon 7800XT is the clear choice in this price-point. If you are willing to spend a little more, you could step up the the 7900 GRE for even more performance gains.

Many modern cases oritented toward the "gaming" audience have RGB or tempered glass windows. This is totally subjective, and if you come across one you're more accustomed to, then go for it. But this Sharkoon M25-V is a solid case for the price, as it comes with two fans and has two USB 3.0 front ports for IO.

The Radeon 7800XT recommends a 700 watt power supply, but the Corsair RM650 is an extremely high quality unit, and you have a CPU with relatively low power consumption. This will serve you just fine with no issues. However, if you plan on increasing your storage space, memory, or add in cards, or you just don't feel comfortable going below the recommendations, Corsair makes the exact model in a 750 watt variant.

You didn't include a budget for your monitor selection, so I included a decent bang for the buck option. The AOC Q27G3XMN boasts many features like 180Hz refresh rate, low response time, a Mini LED backlight for decent contrast, and 1440p resolution. It has a hard time with motion handling when fast moving objects are on screen, but this is a solid choice for 250 pounds.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS