[SOLVED] Help with new Ryzen

BARRlCADE

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016
www.twitch.tv
Hello!, I recently bought a Ryzen 9 3900X CPU and have swapped it out from my 2700.

I updated the bios to the newest version and could not boot into windows installer for longer than a few seconds before it would crash.
Eventually i ended up checking some settings in the bios and tried lowering some voltages to see if that may be an issue. I turned on ECO 95w mode and it booted to the Windows10 usb and i was off and running to install!.

The CPU temps are getting a lot of play and are jumping around everywhere from 38c to 48c on idle and peaking at 86c whilst gaming.
Cinebench ran just fine for the few times i attempted to run it. Ryzen Master and HWM show the same temps jumping around.

Now, While gaming?, every now and again i get these hard "Stutters" or Lockups that freeze the system and then everything comes back after around 8-10 seconds.

Everything it up-to-date and windows its self is stable. I only get these lockups when gaming.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 2900x
MSI B450m Gaming Plus motherboard
HyperX 2666 DDR4 16gb
Corsair CX600 PSU
GTX 1080ti

I have a single M.2 drive, 2 120gb SSD's and a single 240gb SSD with decent airflow and 3 120mm case fans.

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated!.

Solution
Ram speed is very lo for Ryzen.. if its 2666.. Ryzen like faster Ram like 3200Mhz or even faster if board can handle it .. that could be what causes the stutter.

BARRlCADE

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016
www.twitch.tv
Ram speed is very lo for Ryzen.. if its 2666.. Ryzen like faster Ram like 3200Mhz or even faster if board can handle it .. that could be what causes the stutter.
I know the board can handle 3200mhz. Did some searching on the MSI website and it's compatible. Sadly, RAM is stupid expensive in Canada :(

Might be able to save for some in a few months perhaps.

BARRlCADE

Honorable
Oct 1, 2016
www.twitch.tv
I am in Canada myself, I bought my RAM threw Newegg.ca , total 32GB was under 250$ (of course was on sale) looking at Newegg.ca this morning they have several 16Gb kits at 3200Mhs for 120-170$
i'll have to take a look and try to set aside some money.
It took me around 5 months of saving what i could do get this cpu lol. i might be able to do that with ram in a lot shorter time.

For now, i increased the clocks on the FuryX that i have now and it's been stable at 3000 with 1.3v. I also underclocked the cpu by 5% and i haven't had any issues all night. No hiccups, stutters or lockups.

I tried pushing the memory to 3200 but it was very unstable with all the tests. Tried out AIDA64 Extreme for everything and then put memtest on a flash drive and let it do it's thing. Not a healthy thing to do to memory for a long time, but it will help for now.