Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Hello,

I gonna break it down really easy.

I have just put together a new computer, i will link the components.

Inside is:

Mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe, P45, Socket-775, DDR2, ATX, 2xGbLAN, Firewire, 3xPCI-Ex(2.0)16

CPU: Intel Core? 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz Socket LGA775, 6MB, 1333MHz, BOXED w/fan

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4DHX DDR2, 4096MB Kit w/two CL4 2GB Dimm's, E.P.P and DHX

Power Supply: Corsair Powersupply 620W, 120mm Vifte, 8xSATA, ATX/EPS, 2xPCI-E, 20/24pin

Audio device: Asus Xonar DX/XD, 7.1 channel, EAX2.0, PCI-Express 1x, "low-profile"

GPU: XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 2.0, 576MHz, 2xDVI, HDMI, Core 216, w/

I used the HDD from my old comp, 2xWestern Digital 500GB

same with the DVD-rom

I sometimes get BSOD, can`t figure anything out from the error message sometimes its "cmudaxp.sys" file. i really dunno.
Sayed something about the memory, so i ran a memory check was all ok. updated all drivers, updated windows. What i have NOT done is:

-Tried 64Bit windows, (Does it matter?)

-Other HDD (Have ordered one, will get it in 2-3 days)

My biggest issue now is that i don`t know what is causing the problem, and it takes forever to find out, cause the computer works fine for 4-6hrs, then it can stop (no BSOD) but just frezze with sound loop, No matter if i have it under Load ( Run games, copy files, play music) can frezze just standing there doing nothing.

I now need help, If there is any information you need just ask for it.

BTW i cant find any errors on the event viewer ?

ZeGerman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Hello Oyvindsolem,

I highly doubt that your problem is related to your harddrive. However, I think it may be advisable for you to download the latest forceware drivers and reinstall DirectX. I have read that this has previously been the cause of such undesired effects.

In case, you have already updated the above software packages. I would advise checking your RAM properly. The type you have bought is meant to be run at special memory timings (4-4-4-12) and at 2.1 Volts. Nonetheless, you should definitely ensure that you have ruled out every other possibility before making such physical changes.

Please consider this just a thought. I am not to certain as of this point whether the above suggestions will fix your problems. Even so, it may be worth giving them a try.

Kind Regards
ZeGerman

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Thank you for a very fast answer.

I will download the latest forceware drivers and reinstall DirectX ASAP.

Will keep you informed in the prosess.

Regards

Øyvind Solem

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Ok, i had the newest forceware drivers ( reinstalling anyways)

And the DirectX had 2 new updates.

Will see if this makes any changes..

I am unsure about the memory, What difference can it make for me to do those changes? And is the type of memory i have a good type?

Regards

Øyvind Solem

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Just someting i noticed, just had a "frezze" again.

On the usb port i have connected a mouse and keyboard.

Mouse: Logitech G9

Keyboard: Logitech G15

I was scrolling down a page when the computer froze and the mouse light went off.

Earlyer when i was playing Mirrors Edge, i pressed TAB and then the keyboard light (key backlight) went off. but the mouse light was still on, and otherwise when i used the mouse. then the keyboard light worked.

I altso have a Western Digital HDD connected to one USB port.

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
ok, now it happend again, but this time it was the keyboard that "turned off"

Looks like they takes turns annoying me :p

Off-Topic: So glad Firefox saves what i wrote when the computer froze, started back restored the session and there my reply was.

ok, 1 more time. Keyboard again.

Noticed: When the computer booted again, i got a choise if i wanted to load bios default or go into bios.

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Still same issue :S

But mostly i just get the "Frezze" not the BSOD.

EDIT: Wil try to update the BIOS now. Hope it dossent frezze when i update..

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Okey, Bios is now up to date.

P5Q-ASUS-DELUXE-1702.ROM <--- New Firmware

Lets hope for improvement.

EDIT: Strange, Windows now shows 4GB memory. running 32bit system, Loading time is faster, waiting time is lowered in windows. FPS on Far Cry2 went up with 5 FPS.

Looks like there was some good improvements on that "Patch"

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Well that seems to have been the issue with me, Guess i`ll find out tomorrow when i get my new HDD and wil get a new install if OS.

Thanks for the support Guys.

Best Regards

Øyvind Solem

Oyvindsolem

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Ok can comfirm that the issue is now solved, Had to update the BIOS firmware, now stable and mutch faster.

Thanks for the help :D

Regards

Øyvind Solem