[SOLVED] Help with OC on R5 2400G and R7 2700X

Hi all,

I have two computers at hand and I am looking to overclock them.

Currently, I have set the R5 2400G to 4.0Ghz at 1.4v and I have set the R7 2700X to 4.3Ghz at 1.45v.

Both are running stock coolers and the OC seems stable. I've gamed on both of them for several hours and had no crashes. Only, I've noticed the temperatures on idle going from low 30's when not overclocked to 40ish on idle whilst overclocked on both systems.

Was wondering if this temp increase is normal when idle is normal and if there any other settings that I'm supposed to change on the BIOS appart from the CPU Core Ratio and the Voltage.

Solution
Well, when you OC a CPU it continuously works at frequency that you set at set voltage as opposed to auto boost when it only boosts at number of cores a program demands and voltage levels appropriate for those speeds, so yes, it's normal for idle temps to be higher.
Well, when you OC a CPU it continuously works at frequency that you set at set voltage as opposed to auto boost when it only boosts at number of cores a program demands and voltage levels appropriate for those speeds, so yes, it's normal for idle temps to be higher.

Solution