Help with OCing

Nemmith

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I want to Oc my rig that I just built but for some reason the option to up the FSB is grayed out I have the following gear

MOBO:ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA

CPU:Q6600

Ram: OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

This is my first time Ocing and I am looking for some steps to doing it.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Nemmith

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Ok I have looked a bit through the sticks. But have been unable to find the answer to my question so I will reword it in hopes that I may find the answer.

I have gone into my bios. I have gone to the section that has the options to up the FSB for my cpu, but for some reason the options is set to auto with no other choices. How do I do I change it from this state?

I know I want to bump of the fsb in increments of 5 each time.

Nemmith

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
what tab do I need to look under and what option do I need to switch to manual from auto ? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

G

try hitting enter....

or the arrow keys... other than that there isn't anything else you can do... so either

A. your stupid

or

B. Your stupid

jk :p

read the manual on your Mobo, if you don't have a hard copy asus should have a more in depth version of it online (pdf format)

Priv

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I have an asus rampage formula too, you should turn CPU Overclocking or something similar to manual, then you will get voltage / FSB control. You can change the FSB by typing in the numbers manually or using the + / - buttons.

Nemmith

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006

This is what I was looking for, thank you.