Question Help with OS install after PC upgrade

PTK

Feb 17, 2019
Hi all

I upgraded my PC changing new mobo, cpu and ram (Asus rog strix x-470-f, amd ryzen 2700, corsair vengeance 16 (2x8) gb. It POSTs and enters BIOS no problem. I am having issues trying to reinstall windows 7 from CD.

During BIOS my keyboard and mouse work fine (USB 2.0), but when in the installation screen for windows they don't work and don't seem to recieve power (led indicators and lazer on mouse). As such I can't enter the key to start windows installation.

I found a random version of Windows 8 on a pendrive, I don't have the key for it but the keyboard and mouse both worked in this installation screen. I tried transferring my Windows 7 cd to the same (cleaned) pendrive and the issue with the keyboard and mouse persisted.

I have tried all USB slots for mouse and keyboard, ensured all USB slots are enabled in bios, updated bios and tried a usb- ps2 adaptor for the mouse, and booting with signature drivers enforcement disabled. I think I have tried most of these combinations together but might have missed an iteration that will work.

I am at a bit of a loss as to how to resolve this and was hoping someone could help. I can just buy a new version of Windows if needed but would rather not if possible. I have a ps2 mouse arriving tomorrow incase it is just a USB driver issue.

Any suggestions are welcome.

D

Deleted member 14196

Best of luck because I didn’t think there was any support whatsoever so I hope this works for you