Help with PC case fans and cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
Hello everyone, I need some help here. I bought a budget micro PC case for gaming and struggle with high GPU temperatures. My GTX 1080 runs at 82 C on full load side cover closed and with the side cover opened it drops to 72C (big deal for me personally as the fans are not as crazy loud either). The case has only three places for fans (rear and two top ones). As far as I am aware they are all best for exhaust/outtake. What could be the solution to keep the air flowing? Thank you in advance!

The case:

http://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?lang=en&id=520#ad-image-0

Solution
In a typical power supply mounted on the bottom layout you have front and bottom as intake and rear and top as exhaust.

You do have one bottom mount that is ideal for supplying cool air to the GPU. And the front has intake fans, just they don't have the best access to fresh air.

I should point out that 82/83 degrees is the default throttle point set for Pascal. So that temperature is technically fine, just means the card is no longer boosting to its maximum point. Which is as designed.

Really not much beyond that you can do. A reverse flow would be a bit stifled and probably wouldn't get down to the GPU anyway.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
In a typical power supply mounted on the bottom layout you have front and bottom as intake and rear and top as exhaust.

You do have one bottom mount that is ideal for supplying cool air to the GPU. And the front has intake fans, just they don't have the best access to fresh air.

I should point out that 82/83 degrees is the default throttle point set for Pascal. So that temperature is technically fine, just means the card is no longer boosting to its maximum point. Which is as designed.

Really not much beyond that you can do. A reverse flow would be a bit stifled and probably wouldn't get down to the GPU anyway.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS