[SOLVED] Help with PC crash diagnosis

jonno-king

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2012
I rebuilt my Pc fairly (30 days)recently with a new case, CPU, RAM, and motherboard. The Pc 99% of the time runs completely fine even under heavy load gaming on several games eg CSGO, Tarkov, and AC odyssey.
The only time the PC crashes is when watching Netflix on chrome and when loading into a game of League of Legends just load screen not the actual game. I have run some mem86 tests only a couple of passes 4 ish.
With 0 errors I know more is often needed but it doesn't really seem like a RAM problem. League, I normally run-in Full-screen windowed.
Programs running most of the time:
Spotify
chrome (1tab)
wallpaper engine
Rainmeter
Xbox App

The crashes however persist with all of these closed and sometimes don't happen at all when loading into League of legends. Seemingly happens most of the time when watching Netflix
The PSU and graphics card ran in the previous system without these failures.

Components & OS
Win 10 pro
MOBO: X570 Asrock steel legend
PSU: corsair Tx 750m
GPU: AMD 5700Xt
CPU:AMD 5600x
Storage: 500GB Sandisk and 1TB Sandisk SSD( both nearly full )
Ram: corsair vengeance: 3600 (running XMP profile)
running 5 fans in the case.

The crashes seem to just insta- reboot the system with no BSOD the only error I can find in the event viewer is "(70368744177664)" kernel loss of power.
any insight would be greatly appreciated and any info needed can be provided.
pc auto-restart has been turned off but made no difference.

Can Also swap out parts to brothers PC.

Last edited:
Solution
You might want to see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of updates between your version and the version that's latest on motherboard support site, gradually work your way to the latest.

When you state the PSU and GPU was carried over from a prior system, how old is the PSU and what did the PSU power up prior to the system listed above?

We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10, which version are you on?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of updates between your version and the version that's latest on motherboard support site, gradually work your way to the latest.

When you state the PSU and GPU was carried over from a prior system, how old is the PSU and what did the PSU power up prior to the system listed above?

Solution

jonno-king

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2012

Hi Thanks for the reply, the PSU is only a year and a bit old and it was previously powering an intel 3770 and the same GPU on a gigabyte UD board. I think my windows is up to date in running OS Build 18363.1316 .
I'll give those Bios updates a look now.

edit. just flashed bios to new 2021 version will update if that fixed the problem

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021
Hi Thanks for the reply, the PSU is only a year and a bit old and it was previously powering an intel 3770 and the same GPU on a gigabyte UD board. I think my windows is up to date in running OS Build 18363.1316 .
I'll give those Bios updates a look now.

edit. just flashed bios to new 2021 version will update if that fixed the problem
I'm having the same issue an I flashed bios today as well. No fix