help with pc

tcook218

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Ok so when i go to boot my pc it turns on shows the bios you says press f2 to boot then it goes to the windows loading screen. My problem is whenever the windows loading screen stops my computer monitor just shows a black screen. I have tried booting into safe mode and it worked, but when i go to take it out of safe mode it just does the black screen. Also if it helps i just got a friends monitor, so you know. My specs are Ryzen 3, 8 gigs ram, asus b350 mobo, like a 750 watt cooler master psu and a radeon hd 4550 (hoping to upgrade soon but I do not have the money, it was just one lying around) so I need help, Thanks in advance -Ty

Solution
If it gives a prompt to press F2 every time you boot, then there is something wrong with hardware, or the BIOS settings, or there is a conflict in the BIOS. You need to go into BIOS and make sure all hardware is listed correctly and all settings are correct, then save and exit BIOS. Another cause can be a bad motherboard battery, but that is unlikely if it's a new motherboard. Check the reset BIOS jumper to make sure it is installed in the normal "run" position, not the "reset" position.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tcook218 : "Help with pc"

unclebun

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
If it gives a prompt to press F2 every time you boot, then there is something wrong with hardware, or the BIOS settings, or there is a conflict in the BIOS. You need to go into BIOS and make sure all hardware is listed correctly and all settings are correct, then save and exit BIOS. Another cause can be a bad motherboard battery, but that is unlikely if it's a new motherboard. Check the reset BIOS jumper to make sure it is installed in the normal "run" position, not the "reset" position.

Solution

tcook218

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017

No i'm saying that it says asus then at the bottom it says press delete or whatever other button, then if you wait a second it shows like windows loading with circle spinng then it goes to a black screen