[SOLVED] HELP WITH PC

Oct 17, 2019
So im building a PC and i have picked all the components,im not sure will the parts work with each other even though i checked im still insecure so could you help me confirm.

Motherboard - ASUS prime B450m-A

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

GPU - AMD RX 570 4 GB

RAM - Kingston Hyperx Fury 2x4GB 2666

PSU - ThermalTake PSU 500W Smart Rgb

HDD - 2 TB (6Gbps)

Case - Thermaltake case Versa N21

Solution
You need 16GB of Ram today.

I do not see a SSD, I would rather get an SSD and take the storage loss for now, then buy yourself a larger HDD in the future. You can get a M.2 NVME drive for about $60 (500gb). Games will launch much faster.

I would try to find a used graphics card if possible. Vega 56 if possible, or GTX1060 used.

If you live near a microcenter, you can buy a ryzen 1600 for $80, and get $30 off a motherboard. That ends up being a really cheap deal.
Sep 14, 2019
Get 2x 8gb 3000mhz(and up kit) and if you are looking forward to playing AAA games you can get a RX590, VEGA56, VEGA64, RX5700 or RX5700xt

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

You need 16GB of Ram today.

I do not see a SSD, I would rather get an SSD and take the storage loss for now, then buy yourself a larger HDD in the future. You can get a M.2 NVME drive for about $60 (500gb). Games will launch much faster.

I would try to find a used graphics card if possible. Vega 56 if possible, or GTX1060 used.

If you live near a microcenter, you can buy a ryzen 1600 for $80, and get $30 off a motherboard. That ends up being a really cheap deal.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks for the reply mate,i probably could have went for another PSU but this is the first one i saw with RGB that isnt exepnsive ( you cant say no to RGB 🤣)

You certainly can and should say no when it comes to a safety part. This is a low-quality PSU with RGB lights slapped on. This isn't like RGB lights on a case; this is the part that keeps your components from dying an early death. Would you drive a car with broken brakes because it has a cool spoiler? Would you fly in a plane with a defective engine because it has a sweet racing stripe?

I can't imagine possibly giving my components shorter lifespans because I see pretty colors. But we all have our priorities...