Question Help with Pi3B+ Alexa

May 11, 2021
Hello. This is my first post in this forum send my first time using a rasberry pi at all. I'm totally new to this but I'm interested and want to get better. I was following the guide on Tom's Hardware for putting alexa on a rasberry pi. I'm using a 3B+ if that makes a difference. I got to the step where you put in sudo bash setup.sh config.json [-s 1234] and it isn't working. It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?" I tried apt-get update again but it didn't help. This is for a school project and up until now it was going well. Any help would be appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
Hello. This is my first post in this forum send my first time using a rasberry pi at all. I'm totally new to this but I'm interested and want to get better. I was following the guide on Tom's Hardware for putting alexa on a rasberry pi. I'm using a 3B+ if that makes a difference. I got to the step where you put in sudo bash setup.sh config.json [-s 1234] and it isn't working. It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?" I tried apt-get update again but it didn't help. This is for a school project and up until now it was going well. Any help would be appreciated!
Can you link to the specific article you are using? There are a couple of Alexa and PI articles.

It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives,
It seems you don't have Internet access from your RPi. From that '#' or '$' prompt:
  • what happens when you do "ping 1.1.1.1"?
  • what happens when you do "ping www.google.com"?
You might want to start with Wired Ethernet first, until you master netwoeking.

May 11, 2021
I pinged Google and it went fine. I'm pretty darn sure it's doing what its supposed to with the ping. The only problem is I dont know how to stop it from pinging.

I pinged Google and it went fine. I'm pretty darn sure it's doing what its supposed to with the ping. The only problem is I dont know how to stop it from pinging.
<Ctrl-C> is your friend, or "ping -c 10 google.com" to limit it to 10 pings.

On the original issue: Have you tried manually "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt upgrade", to make sure that part of the script is OK>

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS