[SOLVED] Help with Pi3B+ Alexa

May 11, 2021
Hello. This is my first post in this forum send my first time using a rasberry pi at all. I'm totally new to this but I'm interested and want to get better. I was following the guide on Tom's Hardware for putting alexa on a rasberry pi. I'm using a 3B+ if that makes a difference. I got to the step where you put in sudo bash setup.sh config.json [-s 1234] and it isn't working. It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?" I tried apt-get update again but it didn't help. This is for a school project and up until now it was going well. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
I pinged Google and it went fine. I'm pretty darn sure it's doing what its supposed to with the ping. The only problem is I dont know how to stop it from pinging.
<Ctrl-C> is your friend, or "ping -c 10 google.com" to limit it to 10 pings.

On the original issue: Have you tried manually "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt upgrade", to make sure that part of the script is OK>

kanewolf

Titan
Hello. This is my first post in this forum send my first time using a rasberry pi at all. I'm totally new to this but I'm interested and want to get better. I was following the guide on Tom's Hardware for putting alexa on a rasberry pi. I'm using a 3B+ if that makes a difference. I got to the step where you put in sudo bash setup.sh config.json [-s 1234] and it isn't working. It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?" I tried apt-get update again but it didn't help. This is for a school project and up until now it was going well. Any help would be appreciated!
Can you link to the specific article you are using? There are a couple of Alexa and PI articles.

It just says over and over again in the text thats scrolling past "101: Network is unreachable". After that is says "Unable to fetch some archives,
It seems you don't have Internet access from your RPi. From that '#' or '$' prompt:
  • what happens when you do "ping 1.1.1.1"?
  • what happens when you do "ping www.google.com"?
You might want to start with Wired Ethernet first, until you master netwoeking.

May 11, 2021
I pinged Google and it went fine. I'm pretty darn sure it's doing what its supposed to with the ping. The only problem is I dont know how to stop it from pinging.

<Ctrl-C> is your friend, or "ping -c 10 google.com" to limit it to 10 pings.

On the original issue: Have you tried manually "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt upgrade", to make sure that part of the script is OK>

Solution

TRENDING THREADS