help with picking the right 1440p monitor

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm thinking of upgrade to 1440p soon and I've narrowed it down to the asus rog swift pg278q or the asus pb278q. The the rog monitor as everyone knows has gsync and the high refresh rate my question is am I going to be missing out on anything if I just went the the cheaper ips 1440p monitor I never used a high refresh rate monitor so I've never seen it in action.

Solution
You have a GPU that will struggle to get decent fps in 1440p resolution at high/ultra settings in games. To avoid the stuttering in games, I recommend you to get the ROG Swift with G-Sync tech.

Ans the Asus PB278Q is not an IPS-panel monitor. It's PLS (Plane-line Switching). It's a bit different from IPS.
For gaming with that R9 270, get the monitor with faster response time, less input lag and a new technology G-Sync.
So, go for ROG Swift PG278Q.
You have a GPU that will struggle to get decent fps in 1440p resolution at high/ultra settings in games. To avoid the stuttering in games, I recommend you to get the ROG Swift with G-Sync tech.

Ans the Asus PB278Q is not an IPS-panel monitor. It's PLS (Plane-line Switching). It's a bit different from IPS.
For gaming with that R9 270, get the monitor with faster response time, less input lag and a new technology G-Sync.
So, go for ROG Swift PG278Q.

Solution