Help with pre-oc!!!

rodrigogamba

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone.
I'm new in overclocking, and I pretend to do my first try with my i7 4770k. But I want to be sure if my system will handle it.
I already made a stress test with aida64 and prime95 to have an idea of my stock temperatures. In prime 95, after about an hour, the temps rised up to 90 Celsius. I stopped the test because this scary numbers. Then I tried with aida64 and an hour latter the maximum temperature reached was 65 Celsius. I monitored the temperatures with realtemp and hwmonitor. My CPU cooler is not quite good, (hyper 212evo) that's why I pretend to make a conservative overclock, just to have a better performance whit my GTX 1080.
So, are these stock Temperatures ok to boost my system a little bit, may be to 4.2 or 4.3 MHz?

My core voltage is oscillating between 0.8 and 1.1 depending on CPU load.

Solution

Your i7 4770k won't have issues keeping up with your 1080, so overclocking isn't really necessary. The bottleneck does vary on the game requirements though. Running a stress test for that long is a lot of pressure on the CPU. With that being said, pushing it to 4.2 or 4.3 GHz* shouldn't be a problem.

Solution

rodrigogamba

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for your answer, and the GHz correction. I think I'm going to give it a try. Although you say that my cpu and the 1080 match well, I'm going to push a little bit to get started into this unknown overclocking world.