[SOLVED] Help with PSU MAINLY and some other small stuff.

CrownedClownBG

Reputable
Mar 5, 2019
Hello,

I plan on replacing my old PSU(Fortron Raider 550 Bronze) and I've decided on two options.
My specs are:
Motherboard: B85M Pro4
CPU: i5 4570(thinking of changing it with E3 1230 v3. Any idea if it's worth the upgrade?)
16GB RAM 1600
GPU: RX 570 4GB

1st and obviously better option is the SEASONIC SSR-550FM FOCUS Gold, 550W. Any idea if there is an SSR-550FX(not M, but X) or that's just mispelled. Asking because there is also that same PSU, but FX instead of FM and it's pretty much the same price, looks the same as well.
2nd option is about 70% cheaper and it's DeepCool 500W Bronze - DA500

Now I know which would be the obvious choice, but as I mentioned the 2nd PSU is about 70% cheaper and honestly is it really worth getting the SeaSonic for such a system... At most I plan on replacing the CPU with an e3 1230 v3(I've found one that is at a really good price) or i7 4770(if a really cheap one shows, otherwise I don't think it's worth investing in Haswell, at least not with my motherboard) and maybe get a better GPU like a 1070 ti(but only if I replace the i5 4570 otherwise probably not).

I'm leaning towards getting the cheaper PSU + the e3 1230 v3 and Zalman CNPS9X OPTIMA cooler. If I get the cheaper PSU I'll use this cooler(or gammaxx 400) otherwise I would have to use the crappy Intel cooler if I get the SeaSonic PSU since the budget won't allow for aftermaket cooler and I think that I definitely need a nice cooler since the case isn't with a really good airflow.

Also do you think it's worth getting the e3 1230 v3. The reason I'm considering is because as I said I found it at a fairly good price and basically after I sell my i5 4570 at a cheaper than it goes price so that it can sell fast the e3 1230 v3 would cost me about $25-$30. I think it's worth the upgrade for that price right? Also I like that processor because I won't have to update my bios.

And 1 last question. My motherboard have the following fan connectors:

• 2 x CPU Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin)
  • 2 x Chassis Fan connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin)
  • 1 x Power Fan connector (3-pin)

I use the 4 pin CPU fan connector for the CPU and I believe that the 3 pin is being used by the exhaust fan at the back. Can I use the other fan connectors to add fans or there are some requirements(for example the chassis connectors being only able to connect chassis fans and not normal fans). Can I use the power fan connector or that can only be used for PSU's?
Would it be ok to just use molex? I want to add 3 intake fans and 1 more exhaust(might skip on the exhaust since the PSU also exhaust air from inside).

I apologize that this got a bit lengthy.
Thanks in advance for any info and suggestions.