[SOLVED] Help with PSU

Jul 2, 2020
Right so ngl im pretty clueless hence why im buying prebuilt..

So basically. The build im buying has;
3700x
2070 SUPER Windforce OC
2x8GB DDR4
500GB SSD
2TB HDD

The PSU that comes with it is a 600W Kolink.. which ive never heard of... are these bad? and is 600w high enough as ive heard people say go for atleast 650w with the 2070 Super. Im on limited options as theres a lot out of stock on their website so theres not a huge amount to change too which wont cost more than i can afford to upgrade. I found a Be quiet system power 9 700w, are these any good?.. the Pc comes with a 3 year warranty but id rather not have to send it back to be repaired.. Any help would be appreciated

Solution
people have said 600w isnt enough for peak from the 2070 Super?
This is going to be a gaming build, right ? Then it's more than enough as you generally wouldn't draw more than 300W in games with this build.
bq! Pure Power 11 is quite decent PSU, better than most Kolink offers and be quiet!'s System Power 9 perhaps you can find smth even better but 550W.
When you buy a pre-build, you get a crappy PSU. It's a given.

That's because the companies that build the pre-builds advertise "this CPU!" "this GPU!" "This much RAM!" "This much storage!"

They're not going to suddenly put "PSU with < 15mV ripple/noise!" or "PSU with 3% voltage regulation!" on the box. 99% of the customers would have no clue what that even means.

So. it's probably either the Kolink "Classic" or the Kolink "Core", right? I would be really surprised if it was a Kolink Enclave (which is actually kind of decent).

The System Power 9 is beQuiet's bottom of the line PSU. I wouldn't use it. But at least it's better than the Kolink classic or Core.

Since you don't NEED anywhere near 700W, maybe you can take whatever that beQuiet costs and buy a better, lower wattage PSU (like 550W or 600W).

Reactions: popwithNOtart
Jul 2, 2020
When you buy a pre-build, you get a crappy PSU. It's a given.

That's because the companies that build the pre-builds advertise "this CPU!" "this GPU!" "This much RAM!" "This much storage!"

They're not going to suddenly put "PSU with < 15mV ripple/noise!" or "PSU with 3% voltage regulation!" on the box. 99% of the customers would have no clue what that even means.

So. it's probably either the Kolink "Classic" or the Kolink "Core", right? I would be really surprised if it was a Kolink Enclave (which is actually kind of decent).

The System Power 9 is beQuiet's bottom of the line PSU. I wouldn't use it. But at least it's better than the Kolink classic or Core.

Since you don't NEED anywhere near 700W, maybe you can take whatever that beQuiet costs and buy a better, lower wattage PSU (like 550W or 600W).

would this do the trick? also im being told a few mixed things a few people have said 600w isnt enough for peak from the 2070 Super? Confused :( not getting many straight answers.. id anyone can private message me on anything to help itd be much appreicated
PURE POWER 11 600W

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
people have said 600w isnt enough for peak from the 2070 Super?
This is going to be a gaming build, right ? Then it's more than enough as you generally wouldn't draw more than 300W in games with this build.
bq! Pure Power 11 is quite decent PSU, better than most Kolink offers and be quiet!'s System Power 9 perhaps you can find smth even better but 550W.

Solution