G

Hi
Okay I have:
Celeron 700Mhz
192 RAM
Radeon LE
Win ME
Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+

Now my prob is this thing runs slower than my old V3 2000, I get 30fps in Q3A in 1024X768 in 32 bit. 30fps in CS in 1024X768 in 32bit (with Hyper Z on for both). I got a bloody score of 400 in 3D Mark 2001.
I have installed the latest 4 in 1 VIA drivers, and tried every driver for the Radeon for Windows ME.
I noticed my SCSI and NIC, were shareing the same IRQ as my Radeon LE, so I changed them around so there was no shareing with the IRQ, but that did not help at all.
I was going to update my BIOS but the latest one only updates it so it can use the Coppermine D.

Please Please Please I need help badly!!!

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
Check out <A HREF="http://www.rage3d.com" target="_new">http://www.rage3d.com</A> for options on how to clear out old drivers and registry entries that may be left over from the V3. This is a pretty common problem in upgrading from one card to the next. It can even give you trouble with one card from one driver set to another. To get it all working, you may have to clean house while in VGA mode. A real pain, but it will probably solve the problem.

You may also need to "hack" the Hyper-Z functionality on your card. It takes some kind of registry edit as well. Search here or the graphics card forum for more info on this if you haven't already.

To give you some hope: with my AIW Radeon and Athlon "866", I get about 2500 on 3DMark2001.

Good luck,

BW

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bw37 on 04/20/01 06:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Clearing out the Voodoo drivers is really one of the most important steps in installing a Radeon afterwards. Just uninstalling the driver doesn't remove the 3dfx DLLS and registry items which are causing server conflicts. Use the search program in windows on the Start menu and type in <b>3dfx*</b> and see how many files pop up in your system directories. You can delete all of these. Then open up the registry editor and type in <b>3dfx</b> in the find command on the menu, you can delete the keys containing those entries but be careful. Back up your registry first so that if you have a servere problem you will be able to recover. Sometimes the best way is to just do a clean install of Windows.