[SOLVED] Help with ram and xmp profiles

Oct 18, 2021
ramm speed is 3600mhz 64 gb
running an i9-11900k
rtx 3080 oc ultra
z590 e gaming mobo
1000w platinum psu

when i enable xmp i crash and get stuck in a boot loop and manualy overclocking the ram does the same thing, i just bought a maximus xiii hero hoping that would fix my issue but im not sure if it will. can anyone tell me how to have my ramm at correct speeds? do i need to switch my motherboard or what?

Solution
the Z590-E board has no issue with running 3600MHz memory.
so unless this board has malfunctioned in some way it is not the culprit.

try the memory in another system and see if it also has issue booting there.
Oct 18, 2021
the Z590-E board has no issue with running 3600MHz memory.
so unless this board has malfunctioned in some way it is not the culprit.

never had any issue running xmp on any other system thats why i came here for a different answer as thats something ive already tried, i bought the maximus because as far as i know that has better power delivery and maybe its just a power thing

it doesn't take any noticeable increase in power to run 3600 vs 2333.
so i doubt this would be a problem.

you also should test each stick separately in each DIMM slot one-at-a-time at their manufacturer rated specs.
as thats something ive already tried
if you've tested the set in another system and they perform as they should you need to add that and any other troubleshooting you've done to the OP.

ramm speed is 3600mhz 64 gb
running an i9-11900k
rtx 3080 oc ultra
z590 e gaming mobo
1000w platinum psu

when i enable xmp i crash and get stuck in a boot loop and manualy overclocking the ram does the same thing, i just bought a maximus xiii hero hoping that would fix my issue but im not sure if it will. can anyone tell me how to have my ramm at correct speeds? do i need to switch my motherboard or what?
2 sticks or 4 sticks?
Was the ram a kit or separate sticks?
Do you have the latest bios....non-beta?