Question Help with reading dumpfile of blue screen?

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Hi so basically got a blue screen on my PC, working perfectly except I got a blue screen two months ago over corrupt gpu driver, using DDU and reinstalling the driver fixed that issue. But I think I might have been wrong about that as I remember having this usb extension/converter connected to usb c port on my pc and I was using that with my astro a50’s. Today I decided I needed to charge my xbox headset, so used the usb c extender and connected it to a usb of a micro usb and plugged it into my steel series, within 10minutes of pc running it got a blue screen. When restarted my astro headset wasn’t being detected, I had to re-plug it to fix it. Is it possible the usb c converter/extender caused the blue screen?

Mini dump file: https://files.catbox.moe/kcorfu.dmp
Bluescreenview: https://ibb.co/NCTjGPw

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use?

Disk drive(s): make, model. capacity, how fulll.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the blue screens.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use?

Disk drive(s): make, model. capacity, how fulll.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the blue screens.
i9 9900ks
32gbs of ram
3080 ti

psu: corsair rm850x
windows

build the pc 2 to 3 years old. using all new parts.

might use it for 5 to 10 hours a day ot not at all

this seem to be the only odd things in the event viewer
https://ibb.co/MNDw1Xx
been running now fine for 6 hours, tried eso, fifa and cod.

Ralston18

Titan
Not much to go on there....

My suggestions:

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cable, RAM, cards, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, kinked or pinched wires, melting, cracks, corrosion, etc..

Replace the CMOS battery. Just as an easy matter of elimination.

When needed, manually download drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary. No third party tools or installers.

Hopefully just the battery or a loose connection.

If the problem happens again then immediately check Event Viewer and Reliability History for more details. Error codes, PID's etc..

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Not much to go on there....

My suggestions:

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust and debris

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cable, RAM, cards, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, kinked or pinched wires, melting, cracks, corrosion, etc..

Replace the CMOS battery. Just as an easy matter of elimination.

When needed, manually download drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as necessary. No third party tools or installers.

Hopefully just the battery or a loose connection.

If the problem happens again then immediately check Event Viewer and Reliability History for more details. Error codes, PID's etc..
physically everything in the case is fine, literally only happened when i tried to charge a headset through the usb c port on my front io. And those pictures i send are report from event viewer about some usb driver acting weird. So just wondering if it's possible the cause of the issue could be that usb extention/converter plugged into the usb c port onto the pc and into my headset/device? as i've literally played cod for 2 hours, ran a stress test, memory test, and left elder scrolls online running for four hours in an intense area while i went out. And no blue screen. So could it be the usb c thing? maybe that ports only for usb to hdmi display and using a usb c to usb converter, to charge something was a bad idea, windows notifications also gave warnings saying any device i plug into the extension isn't working correctly?

Ralston18

Titan
"windows notifications also gave warnings saying any device i plug into the extension isn't working correctly? "

Could be the extension/converter. Perhaps defective in some manner. Intermittent problem - plug, port, even the cable itself....

All you can do is to test as methodically as you can, changing only one thing at a time.

Objective being to discover some repeatable pattern or circumstances that results in the blue screen. Sooner or later.....

For example: with the extension/converter in use then blue screens (eventually) occur. If the extension/converter is not being used then no blue screens.

I, for one, tend to be very skeptical about using adapters, etc.. for charging purposes. Not only because of the varying standards, specs, etc. but because many sold products are very low quality. And some cannot be trusted to even meet the advertised specs.

The words "compatible with" are a red flag to me.

= = = =

Again, look in Reliability History (much more end user friendly) and Event Viewer for details.

FYI:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

I noted PID 9772. Look for any other PIDs that may be being captured.

Could be a buggy or corrupted file. "sfc /scannow" and "dism" could fix the problem.

No need to immediately start doing anything (i.e., killing processes) - more needs to be known.

One thing though: Be sure, as should always be being done, that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the problem computer. Verify that the data is recoverable and readable.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
"windows notifications also gave warnings saying any device i plug into the extension isn't working correctly? "

Could be the extension/converter. Perhaps defective in some manner. Intermittent problem - plug, port, even the cable itself....

All you can do is to test as methodically as you can, changing only one thing at a time.

Objective being to discover some repeatable pattern or circumstances that results in the blue screen. Sooner or later.....

For example: with the extension/converter in use then blue screens (eventually) occur. If the extension/converter is not being used then no blue screens.

I, for one, tend to be very skeptical about using adapters, etc.. for charging purposes. Not only because of the varying standards, specs, etc. but because many sold products are very low quality. And some cannot be trusted to even meet the advertised specs.

The words "compatible with" are a red flag to me.

= = = =

Again, look in Reliability History (much more end user friendly) and Event Viewer for details.

FYI:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

I noted PID 9772. Look for any other PIDs that may be being captured.

Could be a buggy or corrupted file. "sfc /scannow" and "dism" could fix the problem.

No need to immediately start doing anything (i.e., killing processes) - more needs to be known.

One thing though: Be sure, as should always be being done, that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the problem computer. Verify that the data is recoverable and readable.
so no reason to completely panic yet?

Ralston18

Titan
No reason to panic as I understand it all.

Most systems experience glitches of one sort or another due to software, hardware, configuration.

"Gremlins".

Many problems are simply handled by Windows and may or may not be captured in the logs.

Unfortunately, when it comes to cables, adapters, and so forth where the wrong connection (or a faulty connection) can zap things - that is a different situation.

And why backups should always be made.

Watch the logs, observe system performance via Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer. Use only one tool at a time.

Good chance that sooner or later you will discover or recognize when things are going astray.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
No reason to panic as I understand it all.

Most systems experience glitches of one sort or another due to software, hardware, configuration.

"Gremlins".

Many problems are simply handled by Windows and may or may not be captured in the logs.

Unfortunately, when it comes to cables, adapters, and so forth where the wrong connection (or a faulty connection) can zap things - that is a different situation.

And why backups should always be made.

Watch the logs, observe system performance via Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer. Use only one tool at a time.

Good chance that sooner or later you will discover or recognize when things are going astray.
damn, the usb extention could of zapped my pc and fried everything?