Question Help with reflashing a bricked BIOS

Frostyy3001

Prominent
Nov 27, 2019
When I was still gaming on my old Pentium E5700 machine(I got a new PC now), it was pretty unstable, windows kept bluescreening, games kept crashing, all that jazz, and I was getting annoyed, and so I thought maybe a BIOS update could work, and I thought I found the right BIOS, and ended up flashing the BIOS, and when the PC rebooted, it was bricked, cause the BIOS was incompatible. Now I need help to get the BIOS reflashed. I did indeed make a backup of my old BIOS. So first things first. I cant exactly find where my BIOS Chip is located, I am assuming it is the chip near the CMOS Battery with the sticker on it, shown in this image:
View: https://imgur.com/a/0gvvxnu

but i am not too sure. I also dont know what type of chip it is. I dont get any results on google either. So if anyone can help me find out what type of chip it is, it would mean a lot to me. I wanna know what ROM chip flasher to buy. I cant desolder the chip from the board, as I dont have the right equipment, so a reflasher with a clip would be great! All help is appreciated!

I dont think any more than the mobo is needed here, but just to be safe:

CPU: Intel Pentium E5700
RAM: 2GB DDR3
Mobo: Acer MG43M Ver:1.1

UPDATE: I found out what chip it is! Its apparently the Winbond 25Q80BVSIG 1028

Last edited:
When I was still gaming on my old Pentium E5700 machine(I got a new PC now), it was pretty unstable, windows kept bluescreening, games kept crashing, all that jazz, and I was getting annoyed, and so I thought maybe a BIOS update could work, and I thought I found the right BIOS, and ended up flashing the BIOS, and when the PC rebooted, it was bricked, cause the BIOS was incompatible. Now I need help to get the BIOS reflashed. I did indeed make a backup of my old BIOS. So first things first. I cant exactly find where my BIOS Chip is located, I am assuming it is the chip near the CMOS Battery with the sticker on it, shown in this image:
View: https://imgur.com/a/0gvvxnu

but i am not too sure. I also dont know what type of chip it is. I dont get any results on google either. So if anyone can help me find out what type of chip it is, it would mean a lot to me. I wanna know what ROM chip flasher to buy. I cant desolder the chip from the board, as I dont have the right equipment, so a reflasher with a clip would be great! All help is appreciated!

I dont think any more than the mobo is needed here, but just to be safe:

CPU: Intel Pentium E5700
RAM: 2GB DDR3
Mobo: Acer MG43M Ver:1.1
Look for BIOS flasher with pliers like extension that clips over BIOS chip. Also look in MB manual some have option to fix BIOS by special option like inserting CD or USB with proper BIOS in particular USB port and power it up with it.

Frostyy3001

Prominent
Nov 27, 2019
Look for BIOS flasher with pliers like extension that clips over BIOS chip. Also look in MB manual some have option to fix BIOS by special option like inserting CD or USB with proper BIOS in particular USB port and power it up with it.
I know to look for a flasher with a clip, BUT, On this old board I dont think this chip is SOP8 or SOIC8. I have indeed found the chip type tho! So that should help me find out what type of chip this is so I know what flasher to find. And this board in particular is just an old acer board with no BIOS Flashback feature whatsoever.

I know to look for a flasher with a clip, BUT, On this old board I dont think this chip is SOP8 or SOIC8. I have indeed found the chip type tho! So that should help me find out what type of chip this is so I know what flasher to find. And this board in particular is just an old acer board with no BIOS Flashback feature whatsoever.
Sorry, can't help with chip, was alooong time I had something like that. Did you try to cross-reference chip designation printed on it ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts