[SOLVED] Help with replacing the parts of a prebuilt Lenovo PC (branded)

decaying_presence

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
Hello, I'd like to ask if I can replace the parts of my prebuilt Lenovo PC (branded). I've been looking into various GPUs that I could use, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to replace any other parts beforehand.
The motherboard looks old, and I don't know if I have to replace it or not if I wanted to buy, for example, a GTX 1660.
Second of all, I'd have to buy a new PSU to fit the watt requirement of the newer cards. Don't know if I have enough space or if there's anything I need to do beforehand to replace it.
Third of all, I know that my CPU would not be able to match the performance of the new GPU. I'd like to know if the bottleneck would affect any of the parts. (Not the fps, just the parts themselves. I can't afford a processor at the moment)
I'm sorry if all of this sounds ridiculous, I've never built or managed a PC before. (I'm desperate to run Elden at a solid.. over 30fps. This is my end goal.)

Here's some info:
Lenovo Ideacentre 510-15KL 90G8
Model: 90G800P7CY
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: GTX 1050
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: UEFI 36C5 SDK0J40700 (?)
BIOS: Lenovo O2TKT52A

If it's possible to replace any of the parts, I'd appreciate any help with upgrading the pc.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to ask about the GPU and PSU just to be sure.
would I be able to install a 1660 6GB by just replacing my PSU with another that has 500W?
I'd like to know if the PSU size matters, since the case that the prebuilt came with is really small.
Lastly, I'd like to know if I need to replace the motherboard to use a gtx 1660.
Thanks again, in advance.
No, no need for new MB, that GPU should work fine providing PSU can handle it.
According to...
Hello, I'd like to ask if I can replace the parts of my prebuilt Lenovo PC (branded). I've been looking into various GPUs that I could use, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to replace any other parts beforehand.
The motherboard looks old, and I don't know if I have to replace it or not if I wanted to buy, for example, a GTX 1660.
Second of all, I'd have to buy a new PSU to fit the watt requirement of the newer cards. Don't know if I have enough space or if there's anything I need to do beforehand to replace it.
Third of all, I know that my CPU would not be able to match the performance of the new GPU. I'd like to know if the bottleneck would affect any of the parts. (Not the fps, just the parts themselves. I can't afford a processor at the moment)
I'm sorry if all of this sounds ridiculous, I've never built or managed a PC before. (I'm desperate to run Elden at a solid.. over 30fps. This is my end goal.)

Here's some info:
Lenovo Ideacentre 510-15KL 90G8
Model: 90G800P7CY
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: GTX 1050
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: UEFI 36C5 SDK0J40700 (?)
BIOS: Lenovo O2TKT52A

If it's possible to replace any of the parts, I'd appreciate any help with upgrading the pc.
Thanks in advance.
You could upgrade RAM for instance https://www.datamemorysystems.com/dms-memory/lenovo/ideacentre-510-15ikl-90g8.htm 16GB is some sweet spot nowadays,
You xould also upgrade GPU but have to watch your PSU if it has enough power and power connectors for it.

decaying_presence

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
You could upgrade RAM for instance https://www.datamemorysystems.com/dms-memory/lenovo/ideacentre-510-15ikl-90g8.htm 16GB is some sweet spot nowadays,
You xould also upgrade GPU but have to watch your PSU if it has enough power and power connectors for it.
would I be able to install a 1660 6GB (that has a 450w req.) by just replacing my PSU with another that has 500W?
I'd like to know if the PSU size matters, since the case that the prebuilt came with is really small.
Lastly, I'd like to know if I need to replace the motherboard to use a gtx 1660.

would I be able to install a 1660 6GB by just replacing my PSU with another that has 500W?
According to https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sy...=Impact&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=BAU
and looking at available for upgrade GPU list, should be able to take full size GPU
Slot 1: full-length half-height, PCIe 3.0 x16
There is no exact list for PSU size but that's easy to find out if you measure yours. Standard, off the shelf ATX Psu size is 150 x 140 x 86mm.

Solution

decaying_presence

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
According to https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/IdeaCentre/ideacentre_510_15IKL/ideacentre_510_15IKL_Spec.pdf?clickid=zUq1Kx17rxyIWJaVK9zJbyO9UkGTSm124ypu000&Program=3766&pid=269814&acid=ww:affiliate:74clty&cid=uk:affiliate:rk5fv4&utm_source=Impact&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=BAU
and looking at available for upgrade GPU list, should be able to take full size GPU
Slot 1: full-length half-height, PCIe 3.0 x16
There is no exact list for PSU size but that's easy to find out if you measure yours. Standard, off the shelf ATX Psu size is 150 x 140 x 86mm.
Thank you for letting me know. I'll be checking out the dimensions for a PSU, and eventually buy a decent GPU that I can use.
Thank you so much for specifying.