help with resolution in csgo pls

Ardit Jahaj

Reputable
May 3, 2014
hey guys i got an acer al2216w monitor 22" and in csgo it shows just 1680x1050 but in nvidia control panel i can change it up to 1080p even more to max graphic card resolution is anything that i can do about that and 1 more thing if i change refresh rate to 75hz it will chnage refres rate on game to right pls help me :D :D

your Acer al2216w has a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 therefore not 1920 x 1080 capable.! about the refresh rate, since not mentioned i dont think it supports any higher than standard 60hz(most probably single link DVI) . you can try applying higher though, if not supported you will get blank screen with the ''signal out of range'' message! another thing you should keep in mind is that you can only play with 16:10 aspect ratio resolutions, else you will have a stretched image.!

" The monitor lacked any hardware aspect ratio control, and so there were no options to maintain a 5:4 or 4:3 ratio, or run with 1:1 pixel mapping. That obviously creates a problem for some people when playing games which do not support widescreen format, and if using any external devices which cannot control aspect ratio themselves.''