Question help with rgb setup

Aug 10, 2022
Hello everyone, first time building and posting here
So i’m planning on building my first pc :

-Cpu: Amd ryzen 5 5600x.
-Mobo: Gigabyte B550 aorus elite V2.
-Ram: Corsair vengeance rgb rs 2x8gb 3600Mhz.
-Aio: Cooler master ml240l illusion.
-Gpu: Asus tuf rtx 3060 ti.
-Ssd: Samsung 980 M.2 1Tb.
-Hdd: Seagate barracuda 2Tb.
-Case: Corsair 4000d airflow.
-Psu: Corsair CX650M.
-Four more of the same fans that come with my aio : cooler master mf120 halo.

After some research i found out that rgb fusion 2.0 sucks and isn’t that great for customizing all my rgb components and it doesn’t have custom argb control for my fans and the aio pump; but the masterplus software does
So i’m confused about which headers to plug the fans in and the pump's rgb ,and that i now have to use both softwares together (for the rams,gpu,etc) without them interfering with each other and ruining everything .

First let me know if the build is good or if i need to change some parts
And then the way to hook up everything so my pc would look something like the one in this :

View: https://imgur.com/a/xJKjgpH

Pretty hefty for a first time post i know but here we are , also thanks in advance

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
rgb fusion 2.0 sucks and isn’t that great for customizing all my rgb components and it doesn’t have custom argb control for my fans and the aio pump
the motherboard's control or lighting software will allow control over all motherboard aRGB/RGB headers.

if the fans, cooler, or any hub are connected to a motherboard LED header then they will be recognized as an LED device that can sync.
if this is not working then you either have a malfunctioned motherboard header, software, or connected device(s). or they are just not connected properly.

does the cooler use a proprietary connection or standard 3pin?

Aug 10, 2022
the motherboard's control or lighting software will allow control over all motherboard aRGB/RGB headers.

if the fans, cooler, or any hub are connected to a motherboard LED header then they will be recognized as an LED device that can sync.
if this is not working then you either have a malfunctioned motherboard header, software, or connected device(s). or they are just not connected properly.

does the cooler use a proprietary connection or standard 3pin?
i want to hook up a total of 6 fans and the pump (standard 3 pin ) in a cooler master hub that comes with the aio so they will all be controlled by masterplus and the other components will use the rgb fusion of the mobo
is this correct

a total of 6 fans and the pump (standard 3 pin ) in a cooler master hub...
is this correct
the hub should have an output cable to connect to the motherboard.

this cable should connect to an aRGB motherboard header for motherboard control so you can sync all devices to the same LED pattern, colors, etc through the Gigabyte Fusion software.

the Cooler Master hub may be detected as an aRGB strip or other aRGB device through the Fusion software.

Aug 10, 2022
the hub should have an output cable to connect to the motherboard.

this cable should connect to an aRGB motherboard header for motherboard control so you can sync all devices to the same LED pattern, colors, etc through the Gigabyte Fusion software.

the Cooler Master hub may be detected as an aRGB strip or other aRGB device through the Fusion software.
yes ,but this whole post is about avoiding rgb fusion and using the coolermaster's own masterplus software instead
so the process still the same(output to mobo header)? do i just install masterplus and they'll be detected on both rgb softwares?

do i just install masterplus
i've never had luck with conflicting software running.

RGB Fusion will have profiles stored to memory for your components so even without the software running it's background processes will keep those profiles active.

MasterPlus+ will also have it's own profiles running so they may conflict with anything setup through RGB Fusion.
and i really doubt MasterPlus+ will recognize any onboard devices like motherboard, RAM, or GPU LEDs.
so any custom pattern would probably not work between all devices, but static colors may work out okay if they are balanced correctly between both sets of software.

have you already installed everything and tried both sets of software?

Aug 10, 2022
i've never had luck with conflicting software running.

RGB Fusion will have profiles stored to memory for your components so even without the software running it's background processes will keep those profiles active.

MasterPlus+ will also have it's own profiles running so they may conflict with anything setup through RGB Fusion.
and i really doubt MasterPlus+ will recognize any onboard devices like motherboard, RAM, or GPU LEDs.
so any custom pattern would probably not work between all devices, but static colors may work out okay if they are balanced correctly between both sets of software.

have you already installed everything and tried both sets of software?
not yet, still waiting on some parts to arrive.
i'll update you when i mount everything

Aug 10, 2022
why are you adamant about not using RGB Fusion if you've never even tried it?

any software you research will turn up users claiming issues with it or things they don't like about it.
its not about how bad is it or how much it crashes(masterplus isnt perfect either) , it simply does not have full rgb support/control over my cooler master fans and aio just some presets that i dont like
im still gonna use fusion for the rams/gpu/mobo ... just not the fans

it simply does not have full rgb support/control over my cooler master fans
if they are connected to an aRGB hub that is connected to a motherboard aRGB header then they would be recognized as any other aRGB device.

maybe you should get a better hub to use for the cooler's components.

but i thought you said the system wasn't built yet.
have you tried using this cooler on another Gigabyte board previously and found RGB Fusion didn't support your hardware?