Question Help with RGB

galshaked1610

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
hello i have fans with 5v 3pin rgb connector but my mobo has only 12v 4pin rgb, i cant find convertor what can i do? can i connect the 3pin to 4 pin?

b360 asus rog strix f

The motherboard you bought has no +5v addressable header. You might check with the fan manufacturer to see if you can purchase an add-on +5v RGB light controller for their fans.

+12v Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one colour at any time. This colour can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED colour spectrum - and motherboard software utility provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

+5v Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different colour and intensity than its neighbours. Some could be lit in one colour or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are possible. Higher cost and complexity. Found on the better, more expensive motherboards.

galshaked1610

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
The motherboard you bought has no +5v addressable header. You might check with the fan manufacturer to see if you can purchase an add-on +5v RGB light controller for their fans.

+12v Non-addressable RGBs, the whole strip/array of RGB LEDs displays one colour at any time. This colour can transition, shift, breath/pulse, etc, across the entire RGB LED colour spectrum - and motherboard software utility provides a variety of snazzy themes/effects - but every RGB LED is always exactly the same colour as all its neighbours at any given instant, the whole strip is "all or nothing".

+5v Addressable RGBs, each RGB LED (or segment/block of RGB LEDs) can display a different colour and intensity than its neighbours. Some could be lit in one colour or lit in another or more intense or less intense while others are simultaneously displaying something else. Everything that non-addressable RGB does but more fancy animation/striping/chasing effects are possible. Higher cost and complexity. Found on the better, more expensive motherboards.
hey thanks for the explantion , i have 3 fans that connected to controller, the controller have 5v 3pin rgb connector, i didnt under stand what i need to do,can i connect it to the 4pin connection?