[SOLVED] Help with Ryzen Memory Compatibility

Dec 21, 2019
I'm putting together my first build but im having troubles choosing good ram thats actually compatible with my motherboard.

Im putting a Ryzen 5 3600 in a MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max.

The Ram module im considering is the Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) This is one of the most recommended kits i could find(for my price range), and many people state its compatible with ryzen and the majority of well known b450 boards, however its not listed on the compatibility list on MSI's website for my board, but the 3000mhz version is on there.

Im also considering G.Skill Trident Z memory, as 2 of the kits i looked at are on the actual compatibility list. The black silver/black white kits at 3200.(Not considering Ripjaw because the canadian pricing on those kits are just ridiculous right now)

The thing is the RGB variant thats on sale for the same price as the other 2 kits i listed on amazon right now (G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) but it isn't on the compatibility list so i dont know if the MSI list just doesn't actually state every single compatible kit of ram because i've seen that kit used in a ryzen build (with a tomahawk motherboard).

Im sure this sounds pretty dumb for the people with a lot of knowledge, but the inconsistencies between online recommendations and the compatibility list has got me worried that i'll buy a kit, pop it in just for it not to work and have to send it back.

Basically im just looking for recommendations for good price to performance ram that(preferably 3200-3600) you know for sure is compatible with the motherboard(preferably through amazon as i get free shipping)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019
G.Skill does list that TridentZ RGB 3200 kit (G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) as compatible with your MB:

I have that same kit in my 2600/Asus ROG Strix B450-F rig and I aiso tested them on my 3700x/Asus ROG Strix X470-F rig as well and it worked well in both my rigs.
Ah thanks man that helps, i didn't know the manufactures also had compatibility lists, ill look into that for the corsair lpx as well.

Dec 21, 2019
I personally do not recommend the Corsair RAM for Ryzen builds simply because I have seen a LOT of posts about them not working t their rated speeds with Ryzen 2000 and 3000 CPUs.
Yeah i've also seen a lot of reviews saying it did not run at rated speeds with their ryzen chips, mainly that it could only get up to 2933mhz but i also saw a lot of reviews saying it worked out of box at 3200mhz. Its hard to tell when people don't state the cpu/motherboard they paired it with. Corsair has it listed as compatible with my board at 3200mhz so idk. Either way im probably just gonna grab the trident Z rbg kit since its on sale.

Reactions: DMAN999