Help with Selling Advice

Jul 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I have a 3 year-ish Alienware Area-51 computer. It has the following specs:

120GB SSD for OS
2 TB Harddrive
Intel i7-5820K processor that runs at 3.30 GHz
AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB Graphic Card
8gb RAM

Oh and it has a Bluetooth Adapter

How much do you think I could sell it for? There's some problem with the network card so I was going to pay to get it fixed but I don't want to throw money into a computer that no one is going to buy. What do you think I should do with it?

Solution
The best place to get comparable prices is on EBay, and usually it is not wise to spend money on an old machine.

If you can fix it yourself, fine, but otherwise sell it as is. You are not likely to get 100% of the value of any upgrades or repairs (as long as it runs otherwise) with a sale.

RealBeast

Titan
The best place to get comparable prices is on EBay, and usually it is not wise to spend money on an old machine.

If you can fix it yourself, fine, but otherwise sell it as is. You are not likely to get 100% of the value of any upgrades or repairs (as long as it runs otherwise) with a sale.

Solution
Jul 10, 2018

Thanks. I'll try to fix it myself and if I can't and the repair is cheap I'll get it repaired.