Help with software install Xp with a WinTv 150 card

Weanuts

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
First off I tried installing Ver 6 from Hauppauge and was wondering if card was altered (written to) with newer software.

When I install software from original disc (inserted) the card is now shown in device manager but nothing shows up on screen or in programs. Would reinstalling Xp help?

This card was working well in this environment, when unit was shelved. I would like to watch tv on this monitor.

Solution
Software is not written to the card, it's written to the hard drive only. "Firmware" gets written to the card, not software, but that doesn't happen automatically, you have to start the firmware update process manually so you would surely know if that's been updated or not.

If the device shows up okay in Device Manager it means the driver has installed okay so I doubt reinstalling XP would fix it since it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue. My guess is the card is shot or you didn't install/connect it up properly.
Software is not written to the card, it's written to the hard drive only. "Firmware" gets written to the card, not software, but that doesn't happen automatically, you have to start the firmware update process manually so you would surely know if that's been updated or not.

If the device shows up okay in Device Manager it means the driver has installed okay so I doubt reinstalling XP would fix it since it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue. My guess is the card is shot or you didn't install/connect it up properly.

Solution