[SOLVED] Help with some Xeon cpu and motherboard

Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys I have some problems with some xeon CPUs and some motherboards, I recently purchased this CPU: Intel® Xeon® E7-4830 v2 and this chinese motherboard to create a server to keep at home, so nothing very powerful.
Leaving aside all the problems I had to get the motherboard home, as soon as it arrived I noticed that the CPU and the processor are not compatible, because when I bought everything I was not aware of the existence of three different types of LGA socket 2011.
Now I find myself with a processor that for what i've understand is an 2011-1 socket and a motherboard that I have not yet fully understood what socket it is. The socket on the motherboard is this in the picture. I hope you can help me. Thx.
pic_disp.php

Solution
An E7-4xxx CPU is not supported by most motherboards. That is why they are cheap. They are almost useless outside of the server they were sold in. They were designed for four socket motherboards. You need a motherboard with the C602j chipset. They are expensive.
You have wasted your money on that CPU.
Apr 14, 2020
You should return this mobo or attempt to return it and get one that is a LGA 2011-1 socket.
I can not make the return now I have spent too much for this mobo between customs clearance costs, etc., it would also take too long to go back and get the return, what I wanted to do was buy both a mobo compatible with my processor, and a another processor compatible with my card, all used on ebay, could you recommend someone? or help me clarify what I bought?

kanewolf

Titan
An E7-4xxx CPU is not supported by most motherboards. That is why they are cheap. They are almost useless outside of the server they were sold in. They were designed for four socket motherboards. You need a motherboard with the C602j chipset. They are expensive.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020
Oh, ok fantastic, so what should I do now? Since the mobo can not send it back and not even the cpu because it was taken on ebay how do I proceed?

kanewolf

Titan
Oh, ok fantastic, so what should I do now? Since the mobo can not send it back and not even the cpu because it was taken on ebay how do I proceed?
I would make an art project out of the E7-4xxx CPU. Then find a CPU that WILL work in the X79 motherboard.
The bad thing about Joe's Chinese Hibilly motherboard like that one is the lack of documentation.

Apr 14, 2020
I would make an art project out of the E7-4xxx CPU. Then find a CPU that WILL work in the X79 motherboard.
The bad thing about Joe's Chinese Hibilly motherboard like that one is the lack of documentation.
How do I understand what kind of cpu can I use on my motherboard? because I can't understand what kind of scocket it is, if a 2011-3 or a 2011 standard

kanewolf

Titan
For the cpu question maybe I found something, do you think one of these is fine?
Mobo 1
Mobo 2
Mobo 3
Those are all "plain" C602 motherboards. The documentation on the Intel ARK says it needs a C602J motherboard. If you can find a support website for any of those motherboards (good luck), it should have a list of supported CPUs. I doubt you will find an E7-4xxx listed.

Apr 14, 2020
Those are all "plain" C602 motherboards. The documentation on the Intel ARK says it needs a C602J motherboard. If you can find a support website for any of those motherboards (good luck), it should have a list of supported CPUs. I doubt you will find an E7-4xxx listed.
I tried to ask the question directly to the seller if the motherboards are compatible with my CPU, plus I also tried to write to the seller of the x79 motherboard to see if I can get additional information, I hope to have luck ... otherwise I do a wall art with the pieces I have now and I buy a used server directly ...

kanewolf

Titan
I tried to ask the question directly to the seller if the motherboards are compatible with my CPU, plus I also tried to write to the seller of the x79 motherboard to see if I can get additional information, I hope to have luck ... otherwise I do a wall art with the pieces I have now and I buy a used server directly ...
Think about a used workstation rather than server. The motherboards are similar to 2U servers, but the larger case allows quieter fans.

Apr 14, 2020
Think about a used workstation rather than server. The motherboards are similar to 2U servers, but the larger case allows quieter fans.
Maybe I did not explain myself, I did not think of taking a rack-mount server also because they are not designed to be placed in a room where you also sleep, but I was thinking more than anything else of one of those tower servers, with more or less dimensions pc, for example a dell poweredge T330, where if I hear that the fans make too much noise I can always replace them