My pc specs:

Cpu : ryzen 5 2400g
Gpu : zotac gaming rtx 2060 6gb
Storage : Hdd 7200rpm sata 1TB
Power supply : thermaltake lite power 550W brozen 80+
Ram : kingston value ram DDR4 2666mhz dual channel 8GB*2 overclocked to 2800mhz
Monitor Philips 27 inch momentum 144hz connected to hdmi port
Motherboard : ASROCK a320M HDV rv 4.0

my question is, why some of my games , for example assassin creed origin, i cant get 60fps lock, in the city only 30-37fps High settings
In gta v online also my fps seems drop to 30+ fps high settings.
These games i played at my native resolution 1366*768p

what are the other things that i missed out in term of hardware requirement?

these games seems stutter and not smooth

Thanks for the help .

Last edited:
Solution
Very unbalanced system.

2400G is 1st gen Ryzen with a relative low singlecore performance. It's also a quadcore with SMT where mainstream for gaming is sixcore with SMT/HT. Another point is the low resolution of the monitor. The lower the resolution, the more cpu power you need. Third point is that the gpu only gets 8 pci-e lanes from the cpu but that only decrease the performance for about 1%.

Your systeem need a few upgrades. First get a new monitor. 1080p or maybe even 1440p. With 1080p you might need a new cpu like Ryzen 3600. With 1440p the 2400G might be sufficient.

Oh. and the psu is very low-end. If there's some money left please replace it for something better.

4745454b

Titan
19" monitor? Is it 1080? Are you paying at 1080? Make sure dsr is off.

Because you have a 2xxxG cpu, you need to alsomake sure you are using the plugs on the 2060 and not the motherboard. Otherwise you are using the igp and not the gpu.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
19" monitor? Is it 1080? Are you paying at 1080? Make sure dsr is off.

Because you have a 2xxxG cpu, you need to alsomake sure you are using the plugs on the 2060 and not the motherboard. Otherwise you are using the igp and not the gpu.
For your information, my dell monitor is native 1366*768 resolution .
I plugged in my monitor to dedicated gpu (rtx 2060) via adapter as my monitor dont have hdmi .

Very unbalanced system.

2400G is 1st gen Ryzen with a relative low singlecore performance. It's also a quadcore with SMT where mainstream for gaming is sixcore with SMT/HT. Another point is the low resolution of the monitor. The lower the resolution, the more cpu power you need. Third point is that the gpu only gets 8 pci-e lanes from the cpu but that only decrease the performance for about 1%.

Your systeem need a few upgrades. First get a new monitor. 1080p or maybe even 1440p. With 1080p you might need a new cpu like Ryzen 3600. With 1440p the 2400G might be sufficient.

Oh. and the psu is very low-end. If there's some money left please replace it for something better.

Solution

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Very unbalanced system.

So my cpu is weak actually because its quad core and old?. But from the recommended setting page on those 2 games, i have already exceeded the requirement.

for the monitor , yeah i didnt know that low resolution cause cpu to work harder.
i will give it a try, change those hardware first (new monitor and new cpu).
For the psu since it still new , i have to think twice .

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Resolution has nothing to do with the cpu. The cpu doesn't 'work' any harder because the resolution is low or high. It's immaterial.

The cpu can only do so much. Game code is game code and takes a certain amount of time to process each frames requirements per second. The stronger and faster the cpu, the less time that process takes and the more frames per second can be completed. So a cpu sets the fps limit and all that data gets sent to the gpu.

The gpu takes all that data and paints the picture according to resolution and detail settings.

Cpu = fps.
Gpu = eye candy.

A cpu doesn't work any harder at low resolutions, it works as it does, it only seems to work harder in relation to the amount of work the gpu does.

A 2060 should have no issues at ultra with almost every game at 1366x768 and keep 60+ fps. Change the resolution to 4k and thats @ 6x the amount of pixels to populate and the 2060 at ultra will be severely struggling. Neither affects the 100fps sent by the cpu, both affect the detail levels the gpu is able to handle and the resultant fps output to the screen.

The 2400G is a decent cpu, mid range. But comparatively it's not as strong as higher class cpus so it's ability to put out higher fps is limited. It will run into driver overhead with nvidia cards but that's still just another limit on fps output.

So my guess is that the fps ability of the cpu + gpu is far higher than the ability of the monitor and running into constant limits. Try plugging the pc into a 1080p TV and see if the extra strain of the added amount of pixel population doesn't pull the pc back under the limits it's hitting and smooth things out.

It's like trying to play tennis indoors in a room with a really low ceiling. The ball is going to keep hitting the ceiling and bouncing off at wierd angles. Raise the ceiling high enough and alls good.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Did you make sure dsr is off? Vsync as well. Double check temps and loads. Cpu, gpu, ram.
Resolution has nothing to do with the cpu. The cpu doesn't 'work' any harder because the resolution is low or high. It's immaterial.

The cpu can only do so much. Game code is game code and takes a certain amount of time to process each frames requirements per second. The stronger and faster the cpu, the less time that process takes and the more frames per second can be completed. So a cpu sets the fps limit and all that data gets sent to the gpu.

The gpu takes all that data and paints the picture according to resolution and detail settings.

Cpu = fps.
Gpu = eye candy.

A cpu doesn't work any harder at low resolutions, it works as it does, it only seems to work harder in relation to the amount of work the gpu does.

A 2060 should have no issues at ultra with almost every game at 1366x768 and keep 60+ fps. Change the resolution to 4k and thats @ 6x the amount of pixels to populate and the 2060 at ultra will be severely struggling. Neither affects the 100fps sent by the cpu, both affect the detail levels the gpu is able to handle and the resultant fps output to the screen.

The 2400G is a decent cpu, mid range. But comparatively it's not as strong as higher class cpus so it's ability to put out higher fps is limited. It will run into driver overhead with nvidia cards but that's still just another limit on fps output.

So my guess is that the fps ability of the cpu + gpu is far higher than the ability of the monitor and running into constant limits. Try plugging the pc into a 1080p TV and see if the extra strain of the added amount of pixel population doesn't pull the pc back under the limits it's hitting and smooth things out.

It's like trying to play tennis indoors in a room with a really low ceiling. The ball is going to keep hitting the ceiling and bouncing off at wierd angles. Raise the ceiling high enough and alls good.
Alright, i will try to change the monitor first. See if it does fix this stuttery issue.

4745454b

Titan
The more cores will help and might fix the stuttering issue, but we haven't figured out whats causing it. I hate throwing money at a problem without knowing the why. Looking at your board, it has no heatsink I the VRMs. This could be a board over heating issue. A bigger cpu won't help with that.

Reactions: Herr B

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Yeah
The more cores will help and might fix the stuttering issue, but we haven't figured out whats causing it. I hate throwing money at a problem without knowing the why. Looking at your board, it has no heatsink I the VRMs. This could be a board over heating issue. A bigger cpu won't help with that.
yeah i hate throwing money too.. btw, i have a bought a new 144hz freesync momentum monitor 27 inch. The stuttering were still there.

i will update the motherboard temperature later.
  • my cpu temperature during gaming on HWInfo software was 72-74 c.
  • my gpu temperature is 72c at max.
-The other things i have tried is Overclocking my ram to 2888mhz.
It could. Watch if the stuttering happens when the drive is loading. I might not even be loading game data. If another program is using the drive that could do it.
this is my cpu idle temperature
this my cpu clock during idle
my on game benchmark including my motherboard temperature

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see anything wrong, all your stats look normal other than fclock at 1400, an odd number but fine for ram at 2888MHz.

All I can say is that Origins is a craptastic example of optimization and can have seriously funky results. All of the AC have been that way.

Looking at maximums, whatever you used to get that really didn't push the cpu. 27A / 41% at 80°C? That's hitting way below what the cpu is capable of using, granted Ryzens are efficient, but not that efficient. Temps and voltages were high enough that they dropped all core speeds by 200-300MHz under the multiplier.

Being a maximum, can't tell if that was individual single cores hitting that 1.48v in succession, or if that was the all core result, which would be a bad thing. Ryzens boost according to the balance of loads, temps and voltages, maxing any will drop performance.

I'd definitely try ClockTuner2, get the VID down with high core usage, closer to 1.25v. That'll also drop temps per clock and allow a higher boost overall. Which hopefully will allow for higher fps.

4745454b

Titan
I was wondering about that 80C. As above, can't really tell. I twitch when cpu temps start going above 70. Which yours don't? But our did hit 80c at least once.

If I'm in the right thread, you are using a lower end board with no cooling on the vrms. You might want to try taking the side off the case and pointing a house fan at the vrm/cpu area. Play a game. Fixed? If so your vrms or cpu was getting to hot. Your pics say the cpu wasn't thermal throttling so it could be a vrm issue?

What about checking the drive? Is it loading when you have issues?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Left on stock settings, my 3700x will hit 85°C all core, even with 480mm worth of rads cooling it, it's a consequence of all the cores pushing 1.475v at boost levels.

But software like Dragon Center (MSI) or Asus Suite Performance Optimization can really mess with a Ryzen since they use a virtual pbo that boosts cores by boosting core voltages and overriding Ryzen temp behaviors as pertaining to normal MHz droppage after 60°C.

So it gets really difficult to predict exactly what's going on, especially since there's 3x different places in my bios to set pbo or OC performance boost and you need to make sure all 3x are off/disabled, just 1 enabled overrides the other 2x disabled.

Took such a simple idea and made it unnecessarily complicated, all of which just leads to high temps, high voltages and loss of performance unless dialed in exactly.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I was wondering about that 80C. As above, can't really tell. I twitch when cpu temps start going above 70. Which yours don't? But our did hit 80c at least once.

If I'm in the right thread, you are using a lower end board with no cooling on the vrms. You might want to try taking the side off the case and pointing a house fan at the vrm/cpu area. Play a game. Fixed? If so your vrms or cpu was getting to hot. Your pics say the cpu wasn't thermal throttling so it could be a vrm issue?

What about checking the drive? Is it loading when you have issues?
I have moved my ac origin game folder to my nvme ssd drive which i didnt mention earlier. It just reduce loading times to load into the game.

Increasing/overclocking my ram frequency does seems improve the games fps.

regarding the vrm issues, i think this was the cause . Because maybe this motherboard are considered as cheap and crappy.
I will replace these motherboard with b550 chipset and new cpu , ryzen 5 3600 or ryzen 5 5600x.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I don't see anything wrong, all your stats look normal other than fclock at 1400, an odd number but fine for ram at 2888MHz.

All I can say is that Origins is a craptastic example of optimization and can have seriously funky results. All of the AC have been that way.

Looking at maximums, whatever you used to get that really didn't push the cpu. 27A / 41% at 80°C? That's hitting way below what the cpu is capable of using, granted Ryzens are efficient, but not that efficient. Temps and voltages were high enough that they dropped all core speeds by 200-300MHz under the multiplier.

Being a maximum, can't tell if that was individual single cores hitting that 1.48v in succession, or if that was the all core result, which would be a bad thing. Ryzens boost according to the balance of loads, temps and voltages, maxing any will drop performance.

I'd definitely try ClockTuner2, get the VID down with high core usage, closer to 1.25v. That'll also drop temps per clock and allow a higher boost overall. Which hopefully will allow for higher fps.
Maybe i just need to enjoy the game with stutter, as many said optimization is crap on this game.
upgrading motherboard , cpu and ram is a must at these moment .