[SOLVED] Help with switching between monitor and tv

caderade21

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am looking for an easier way to switch between my 1440p monitor and my 4k tv. I have my monitor connected via DisplayPort and my TV via hdmi. Every time I want to game on my tv I have to switch from display 1 to display 2 and also switch the sound settings as my DisplayPort plays through speakers and I use the onboard sound from my video card through the tv via hdmi. I know it’s not a pressing issue but I’m just looking for a convenient way to switch instead of having to go into my settings every time. If this is the easiest way then so be it. I was just curious if there as another way.

Solution
You don't say what OS you're on but if Win 7 - 10 then I think using Win key + P will make your life easier. It pops up a side bar where you choose display options, use the up and down arrows to select the one you want then press Enter. As far I know Windows does not have a similar shortcut to switch the audio but but there are a couple of decent 3rd party apps - Audio Switcher and Sound Switch - that allow you to create hotkeys/shortcuts to switch.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
You don't say what OS you're on but if Win 7 - 10 then I think using Win key + P will make your life easier. It pops up a side bar where you choose display options, use the up and down arrows to select the one you want then press Enter. As far I know Windows does not have a similar shortcut to switch the audio but but there are a couple of decent 3rd party apps - Audio Switcher and Sound Switch - that allow you to create hotkeys/shortcuts to switch.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS