[SOLVED] Help with Sx_180_v1.1 media player. and lcd controller combo

Frumphecious

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Looking for the next step in getting this piece to work. I just want to play music and watch movies on a slimmer smaller mountable device. I have all the connections, pieces, ir switch, key inputs, and display. All powers up fine, but is asking for a card. Possibly software to boot from I think. I apologize for the vendors link but this is the only scrap of info I could find on this thing. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724857.normalList.28.2761197cH0HiHE. Can someone please point me to my next step. I really have tried researching but after 6 hours I found the above link. Device has 313kb internal storage, actual board Id number is fcf-3-94v-0e232205 which I believe to be part of a generic Chinese tablet just by what Ive found through the lack of documented information.

Solution
That is only a board, there is no operating system on it to actually use it's functions. It looks like in the pictures they use there is a card plugged in which has the operating system for it running. What you would need to get it working you need to find out from the vendor, there is no way to know what you need to use to program it unless you find out how that board works. Usually people that buy those already have the engineering and programming setup to integrate it into some product.

Frumphecious

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
First of all, Im not sure if this should be here or in home audio and theatre, but im looking for the next step in getting this piece to work. I just want to play music and watch movies on a slimmer smaller mountable device. I have all the connections, pieces, ir switch, key inputs, and display. All powers up fine, but is asking for a card. Possibly software to boot from I think. I apologize for the vendors link but this is the only scrap of info I could find on this thing. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.7724857.normalList.28.2761197cH0HiHE. Can someone please point me to my next step. I really have tried researching but after 6 hours I found the above link. Device has 313kb internal storage, actual board Id number is fcf-3-94v-0e232205. Procedures I have tried include running PheonixSuit to see if its android based. If it is, im unable to turn debugging on so Pheonix wont connect. Loading ancient formats of media. It wont load anything which leads me to believe it need some sort of software before it will work . It just displays a card signal no matter which storage device is connected. When connected through USB the screen changes to a connecting pc message. All 3 card slots work fine as a pass through when connected to USB. I can move files to the cards through my PC. The device itself has an internal storage of 313kb, which was clean when I found the device. Ive included 3 pictures to maybe help jog someones memory with older devices. Not sure why but the system wont allow me to post the image so ive put them in their link form.
https://ibb.co/6nS9sGF
https://ibb.co/m4tN0Zy
https://ibb.co/HPrftMW

Frumphecious

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
What makes this device (or where it goes into) so special that it can't be replaced with $40 Android TV box or Chromecast? 313kb of storage was a lot, thirty years ago.

A. I don't have forty dollars to waste on a device that I could already possibly have and could possibly get running with the help of someone else. B. The 313kb I believe is for a small menu or basic operating system, possibly an older form of CMS software similar to older car stereos. The media comes from sd, cpf, or usb, so the amount of space is invalid. C. It already came with a 22 inch 1920x1080 slim line display, IR cable as to which I have multiple universal remotes. I can literally mount this thing anywhere that is roughly 22 by 12 by 2, mobile or home. D. No money used. As you can see, there are multiple reasons for me to want this to work correctly.

That is only a board, there is no operating system on it to actually use it's functions. It looks like in the pictures they use there is a card plugged in which has the operating system for it running. What you would need to get it working you need to find out from the vendor, there is no way to know what you need to use to program it unless you find out how that board works. Usually people that buy those already have the engineering and programming setup to integrate it into some product.

Reactions: Frumphecious
Solution

Frumphecious

Prominent
Dec 17, 2019
Thank you for confirming my exact thoughts. The fcf 3 94v 0 kept throwing me into thinking it may be a generic tablet board. I have a direction to go in now. I will see what can be done and let you know how it goes. Once again thanks :)