[SOLVED] Help with Sylvania SP333DG Charger

CampbellsSoup

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I recently got a Sylvania SP333 Bluetooth speaker that worked fantastically! However, it got knocked over while plugged in, breaking the USB charging connections.

I attempted to fix this by soldering the connections back in place, but I made the mistake of making this my first soldering project. I've now destroyed the leads on the circuit board, and need help finding a replacement.

I've tried googling the labels that appear on the board, hoping one of these would be the model, but I've had no luck. Any help in finding replacements is appreciated, as is any explanation of exactly what kind of circuit board and/or cable connection this is, since I'm pretty much a novice on anything concerning circuitry. Pictures are included.

156xu11.jpg

r2w8i8.jpg

2l1d8w.jpg

Solution
I doubt you'll find replacement PCB. SPeakers like yours are made to be cheap, and replaceable, with designs changing quite.

This board seems to have aux in, headphones out, and USB interfaces. Unless that speaker functioned as a USB sound card as well. the only usable wires from the USB interface are ground and +5VDC. Follow the traces from broken connector, and move across the ribbon cable connection that board to the rest. You should be able to trace which wire is the +5VDC, there should be some electrolytic capacitors bridging it with the ground wire.
I doubt you'll find replacement PCB. SPeakers like yours are made to be cheap, and replaceable, with designs changing quite.

This board seems to have aux in, headphones out, and USB interfaces. Unless that speaker functioned as a USB sound card as well. the only usable wires from the USB interface are ground and +5VDC. Follow the traces from broken connector, and move across the ribbon cable connection that board to the rest. You should be able to trace which wire is the +5VDC, there should be some electrolytic capacitors bridging it with the ground wire.

Solution

CampbellsSoup

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

Ok, like I said, novice here. I don't know which connections were ground or +5VDC/ There was no USB or MicroSD interface, just the power switch, MicroUSB power plug, and an Aux-in plug.
I'm trying again since buying some new female connectors, but if I can't form new connections to the original spots on the board, I believe I'll have to opt to bypass the circuitry and fuse the rear connectors of the power piece directly to the outlet on the back of the board. I have some spare copper to run the connections, I'd just have to solder the right pieces together.

Is there any chance you could help me find which connectors should be connected to avoid any more potential damage?

As I said - see where the cable connecting to this board goes. microUSB provides power, so out of the five pins on that connector, outer two are used, one ground, one power. Trace the other end to confirm that. Ground should be easy to detect, as is the power.